Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys... sorry to take so long to post about my trip. I just spent literally 45 minutes typing up my synopsis when my POS computer f***ing decides to lock up /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

Sooo.... here is a condensed version.

Arrived @ museum and greeted by Judy Yanko, Wendell Strode, Adam Boca, Karen Ackers, Manatee, Bigtoe, Z06M3, and about 14 other close friends /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

We were shuttled to the factory where Karen Ackers took my group on the most awesome tour you could imagine. We were allowed access to parts of the factory I had never seen before. To top it off, I got to start a Z06 on the line for the first time, recieved a certificate commemorating the event, and got the build sheet! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Then, I got to do something ( thanks to Karen Ackers ) that I have never heard anyone else saying they got to do. I'm not saying it hasn't been done... just never heard anyone comment on it before. I promised Karen I wouldn't spill the beans so you'll have to take museum delivery with her to find out for yourselves. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

After the factory tour, we went back to the museum. Again, Karen Ackers led us on an informative behind the scene tour of the facility. Quite a show...

Then... the moment of truth. I did my paperwork first since my car was late arriving from the factory. With that outta the way... it was time to see the car.

What a feeling... seeing your car in the museum, roped off, huge crowd around, simply incredible! Steve aka Z06M3 was taking delivery of his beautful MY Z06 at the same time which made it even more special!

Finally... said goodbye to everyone, took the traditional photo in front of the museum, then Karen presented me the keys ( as I presented her a well deserved tip /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) and I was off!

Took HWY 90 east through Kentucky, into Daniel Boone National Forest, Knoxville TN., Asheville NC., into Spartanburg SC., and on to Aiken.

The hilly mountainous terrain was perfect for rowing through the gears to vary RPMs while staying under 3500 RPM for the first 500 miles... then came my first stop sign since hitting 500 miles.

The rapid heartbeat... the sweaty palms... the adrenaline rush from hell... I can't put it into words. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I switched to Competitive Driving Mode... put her in first and... pedal to the metal balls out banshee thrashin' gear ripping rubber burning motor melting blast to 130 MPH.

Okay... this was what I waited 1 year, 22 days for. I was in Heaven /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The car is so solid... no creaks or rattles. The stock Ti exhaust sounds like my '98 with B&B Triflos... only better! The snarl at 6500 RPM bumping the rev limiter ( only once... give me a break /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) is sheer pleasure!

Stock shifter not as bad as I expected based on the reviews here on the forum. Disclaimer... I still have my Ripper going in this weekend.

CAGS... only got me twice since I got the car. CAGS defeat still will be installed this weekend.

Export taillights will be installed this weekend as well ( Red/ Clear ) .

I will also lower the car with RKSport lowering bolts. This, to me, is a must!

Guys... this thing SCREAMS! I am addicted worse now than I ever imagined /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I know I've forgotten a ton... I'll try to post more as it comes to me.

BTW pictures are forthcoming ASAP... at least by this weekend, hopefully sooner.

Any questions or comments... you know where to find me /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thanks to everyone on this forum... you guys make the whole Z06 experience even more special!

The End... for now.

Geez... lucky for you guys the long version crapped out on me /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

2002 Quicksilver/Mod Red/#151/Museum Delivery

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Fantastic - A day to remember. Every time you open the driver's door and see that NCM decal, it will bring back a ton of memories. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your celebration.

·
Registered
0 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif And ya know what??? It gets better!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats Chris!!

BTW, you can email me that behind the scenes info. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

On 2001-08-08 00:35, Manatee spewed forth this drivel:
Fantastic - A day to remember. Every time you open the driver's door and see that NCM decal, it will bring back a ton of memories. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your celebration.

Thank you Vince for making the 700 mile round trip! It was a real pleasure meeting you... hope we can get together again real soon! Having my friends there with me ( old and new ) was just icing on the cake /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Chris:

What a great story! You got me so pumped right now waiting for my '02! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats & 'njoy the toy! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Zippy! I can't wait to hear your stories real soon! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Electron Blue is stunning! Great color choice! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
50 Posts
With all these 2002's a creapin, I think I'm jealous! But then again, I like bein the older brother..... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
338 Posts
Heh, heh, heh Chris...I remember so well our 500 mile blast to 120, so you had to top me! I also know exactly how you felt during the delivery, it is all kind of a fog with all the faces around and the smiles!
The Casual Corvette group enjoyed your delivery and special factory tour. We had you beat in fun on the way up, but on the way back, we were still in our trusty Vettes, not that new 02 Z! We are ready to do it again, anytime...who is next ordering a NCM delivery Vette, the only way to go!
CONGRATS! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
528 Posts
Congrats.... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Sounds like the experience of a life time.
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
291 Posts
Chris, great story, you da man!! Congrats to you. Wish our electron blue would hurry up and get preferenced so we could share in the fun.

Roy & Mary

·
Registered
76 Posts
Okay, these stories are absolutely killing me. I need my car NOW!

Congrats on yours /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Chris,
Congrats great story, best of luck withyour new Z......
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
575 Posts
Great story! Thanks for the post.
Going crazy waiting for mine!!
Bob

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Congrats Chris, great story... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Wanted to take the delivery at the factory but mine was to be delivered in the lat January, early February timeframe (got it the second week of February), and the thought of having to transport it back to Boston, and not get to drive it killed me. Hopefully the next time

Enjoy the new ride... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 20 of 35 Posts