Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me which manufacture makes the most aggressive sounding exhaust system I can buy for my 2001 Z06? Thanks for your help if you reply.

·
Registered
878 Posts
IMO, B & B bullets-i would'nt put them on my 01-too loud and resonance for me-
but i do have B & B prt's and i love the sound-aggressive at WOT..but mellow at crusing speeds-depends on what you want-if you don't want to talk on your cell or the person sitting next to you in your z- then go with the bullets :(

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
The most aggressive... B&B Bullets. There's a lot more to look into... but to answer your question, the Bullets.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
If you want something really loud...I'd go with headers...no cats and SLP loudmouths. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have long tubes, no cats, and borla straight pipes, i dont think it gets much louder or more aggressive sounding than that.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Go with one of the systems that others have mentioned already so that your car doesn't sound as good as mine. ;) :D

(Corsa Ti's with TPIS long tubes... Weeeeee!)

-Kirk

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
SLP loudmouths and no cats without a doubt :eek:o:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Corsa Ti's without the cats and TTS headers. They will wake up the dead. Just ask my neighbors. Really too loud for any long term relationship. If your married they are great. WHAT DID YOU SAY HONEY?

D.J.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
If you don't want to go CATless, then try to find a 02 or later h-pipe. You loose the pup cat's and even with stock Ti system the sound improvement is worth it. Add any Cat back and your singing. Although this may not be leagle in some states. (Calif).

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'VE GOT AN 02 Z06 WITH BREATHLESS STEPPED HEADERS. MY CAT BACK IS THE CORSA TITANIUM WITHOUT THE MUFFLERS. IT IS REALLY LOUD WITHOUT RESONANCE. IT IS ALSO VERY LIGHT. THERE IS A DOWNSIDE IN THAT IS REALLY EXPENSIVE. THE SOUND IS GREAT BUT YOU CAN PROBABLY GET GREAT SOUND FOR LESS MONEY, A LOT LESS MONEY.
:z: :z: :z: :z:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Stupid loud is good. :jammin:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ordered 2tip B&B Bullets last week from Corvette Garage.

$560 shipped, great price.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Do the B&B bullets or GHL system on top of catless headers such as LG's. I love the way these sound and I like em loud and with a deep rumble. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a set of Borla Stingers for sale to loud, I am running with headers and no cats on a 383. Sounds great but my wife said we need something different.

·
Registered
878 Posts
sounds like a great price-the Z will rumble now..and others will definitely hear ya coming :jammin:

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
IMHO, Borla Quad Stingers are VERY aggressive sounding. My onramp is next to a long block of apartments, almost 1/2 mile of them. I can hear my pipes echo off of 'em :yeadog: :yeadog: :D :D I'm sure they love me ( I go to work @ 5:30....) :mah:

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Open LG long tubes!! Now that's aggressive!!
I just saw a 502 ci BB chevy motorcycle with straight custom headers at a poker run and no one even flinched when he fired it up??
Why are the 'excessive noise levels' only directed at cars??
Have you ever been at a stoplight with 10 Harley's leaving at the same time?? And you can call my exhaust note excessive??

Ken

1 - 20 of 40 Posts