Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me if the A/C compressor is actually on if the AC light is lit when the heat is on in auto mode? I read the manual and it does mention that it uses the A/C at times, but I would rather not have the compressor running taking away hp if not needed.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
ZO6

From my understanding.,yes, it IS on........but, all you have to do, is push it, and turn it off(just the a/c button)........try it.......does not affect the heater...............

·
Registered
670 Posts
Re: ZO6

ZO6LS6 said:
From my understanding.,yes, it IS on........but, all you have to do, is push it, and turn it off(just the a/c button)........try it.......does not affect the heater...............
True... With the heater on and the A/C, it acts as a dehumidifier and keeps the windows from fogging up. Just turn off the A/C.

·
Registered
467 Posts
The climate control is possessed as far as the AC goes!

Turning the system on (from the "off" position) the AC ALWAYS comes on.

Turn off AC, set temp / fan speed, and the AC will come on by itself a minutes later (depends on ext. and int temp).

If the defrost vent (top dash vent) is being used, pressing the AC will NOT turn it off... you have to move the blowers off of the defrost vent (to face/floor vents) then push AC to turn it off.

Finally, above ~5500rpm (WOT) the compressor turns off (AC light stays on).

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good question, I was wondering the same.

I notice when I push the "Auto" button, regardless of temperature setting, the A/C light goes on. I haven't yet checked to see if the compressor actually kicks in. I'll check and let you know.:cheers:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
OFF

Any way to turn off the heat treatment after starting the car? It feels like I am in a SAUNA until the AC kicks in. I would like to be able to control the condensation myself. The owners must have a good anti-persperant to operate this car until it cools down.:( :( :) :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts