Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mug: I have seen these on E-bay and a few other sites but now that I have decided to purchase a set, I can't seem to find them anywhere. My L&R air dams have that droopy look and I am hoping the reinforcements will lift them up a bit. Anyone know where I can get a set? Thanks. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Just replace the air dam pieces and they won't look droopy anymore. you can get them cheap from gmpartsdirect, and it's a 5 minute job to swap them out. I'm on my second set now (lowering the car takes its toll on the air dams).

·
Registered
437 Posts
I got a pair from Corvette America from for I believe $15 per pair.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NETfiend said:
Just replace the air dam pieces and they won't look droopy anymore. you can get them cheap from gmpartsdirect, and it's a 5 minute job to swap them out. I'm on my second set now (lowering the car takes its toll on the air dams).
I just swapped them out a few months ago. I thought that it would take care of the problem. Maybe I am just being a little too anal. Thanks for the help guys! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
NETfiend said:
What's the part numbers for these? Thanks, Don

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Manufacturer Part # Description Price
GM 10419313 RH Lower Air Dam Deflector $5.28
GM 10401458 Center Lower Air Dam Deflector $30.48
GM 10419312 LH Lower Air Dam Deflector $5.28

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
IT L GO said:
Manufacturer Part # Description Price
GM 10419313 RH Lower Air Dam Deflector $5.28
GM 10401458 Center Lower Air Dam Deflector $30.48
GM 10419312 LH Lower Air Dam Deflector $5.28
Thanks Rick! What do you have a GM parts catalog at your desk? I'm glad we have you for the help! :cheers: Don

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I've used the reinforcing thingies for years. They're great. The air dam corner blocks take a beating coming in and out of driveways since they can't delflect like the center dam. On my 98 coupe, the damn things were nearly falling off after 2 years. I replaced the dams and added the reinforcing things. The new corner blocks were still "tight" to the bottom facia when I traded the 98 in for my 02Z two years later. I took the reinforcements off the 98 and transferred them to the Z when I bought the Z. I just replaced the corner blocks, after 3 years, but not because they were droopy but because they'd actually worn through along the bottom edge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts