Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do we have extended life air filters in 04 z06's? i have heard this and would like to get everone's input even though i know i can look it up in the book. btw, i am stock.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
What do you mean by extended life:-?
Just a normal paper filter that needs to be replaced on the regular maintenance schedule.

Jack

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
someone at the dealership told me i have a 100,000 mile filter . i was wondering how often everyone else changes their filter.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
audiotwin1 said:
someone at the dealership told me i have a 100,000 mile filter . i was wondering how often everyone else changes their filter.
Psst...don't EVER listen to anyone at the dealership! :NoNo:

Charlie

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
They're not familiar with Vettes at the dealership, don't you know that? :p

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
audiotwin1 said:
Plus 100K oils changes, tires, and all other maintenance :screwy:

These dealerships crack me up :eek: :rofl:

Find another dealership that at least knows you are driving a Corvette Z06 instead of a Chevette Z06. ;)

Jack

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
gsjack said:
Plus 100K oils changes, tires, and all other maintenance :screwy:

These dealerships crack me up :eek: :rofl:

Find another dealership that at least knows you are driving a Corvette Z06 instead of a Chevette Z06. ;)

Jack

Sometimes you have got to wonder who actually hires the guys at some of these dealerships.... :roll:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Dealerships suck! They think everyone that shows up is an automotive idiot! I have never bought a car where the sales rep has not tried to feed me a big line of BS and insults my inteligence. :mah:

·
21,386 Posts
Also, air filter R&R should be based on where you live and how dirty your filter gets in "X" amount of time. If I were running the paper filter I would inspect it at every oil change and replace it accordingly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts