Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Z06 and my air/fuel ratios from my most recent dyno run are shown below. Do you think I am running too lean? If so, do you think 30# injectors will help? What makes the RC Engineering Injectors from Halltech better than what is available from Ford Motorsports? I'm not running 1,000 rwhp (368.7 to be exact) so do I need a balanced and blue printed injector? Any feedback you can give me will certainly be appreciated. Thanks!

3610 15.0
3800 14.4
4000 13.6
4250 13.1
4500 12.7
4750 12.5
5000 12.6
5870 12.7
6020 12.8
6110 12.9
6190 13.0
6370 13.1
6510 12.8
6560 12.7

:z:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
TS

Look good from a novice................maybe a tad RICH on the low end........but the upper #'s look good to me.........:roll:

·
Registered
141 Posts
How were these AFRs measured? Did they measure the voltages on the front O2 sensors? Are these the average of the two O2 sensors? Do you have the raw voltage numbers?

According to the "experts" in this area, your AFR at WOT should be in the 12.4-12.5 region. Except for the 3610 to 4250 rpm and 6110 to 6370 rpm ranges, they don't look too bad, just a little lean.

My question would be why do they vary so much? What were your injector pulse width times? Is it possible your (stock?) injectors are maxing out and causing the blip around 6000 rpm?

Also, were the lower RPM values at WOT? At modest throttle openings, the closed loop controller should regulate the AFR at 14.7, much leaner than at WOT, so these would be OK.

As far as injectors are concerned, from what I've heard, the major difference between custom injectors (such as the RC Engineering variety) and the SVO injectors is price.

HTH.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The AFR was measured using wide-band O2 sensors. I do not have raw voltage numbers, nor do I know what the injector pulse width times are - I have not put a scanner on the car. My biggest problem has been that the car intermittently exhibits an annoying rattle/vibration at around 2700 RPM. Yesterday, it sounded and ran great. Today, it sounds like sh.... During WOT, even on bad days, when I get above 3000 RPM, everything is great. It's the periodic rattle and vibration I get at lower revs that's driving me nuts. Do you think it's because I'm running too lean at lower RPMs and do you think larger fuel injectors would help?
:-?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Gentlemen,

I have a stupid question: How are you measuring Air/Fuel ratios?

I am new to this hobby (actually out since 1986) and I used to check the carburetor's (remember them?) jetting by looking at the color of the spark plugs.

I am really lost here, and not too proud to ask when I don't know something...so help me out, please.

Are the tools used hard to find/expensive?

How do I make changes?

Thanks in advance for your help...

David

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
David,

No problems, Ahh when days were easy. Indeed these folks are using programs such as autotap and laptops to get the data. Not real expensive check the links section for some mfg's..........

:cheers: :cool: :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts