Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AIRAID Intake system For 2006-2012 7.0L LS7 Corvette Z06 Features :

* Computer Designed Pleat Depth and Count : Assures Maximum Air Flow and filtration. All Intakes include an AIRAID Premium Filter.

* Cross-Linked High Density Polyethylene Intake Tube : CAD Designed for Correct Mass Air Flow and Fuel Ratio.

* Cold Air Dam : Keeps Engine Heat Away From Intake

* True Bolt-On Cold Air Intake. No Cutting or Drilling Required.

* Stainless Steel Hardware and Couplers

* All AIRAID Intake Systems are Made in the U.S.A

* All AIRAID Filters Include our "No Hassle" Lifetime Warranty

* ADD 13HP & 16 Ft.Lbs. Torque to your LS7 Z06 Corvette

* AIRAID Intake Part # 250-216 (Oiled) fit's 2006-2012 7.0L LS7 Corvette Z06

* AIRAID Intake Part # 251-216 (NON-Oiled) fit's 2006-2012 7.0L LS7 Corvette Z06

Any questions or Comments, please feel free and let me know.

Thanks,
David​

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: AIRAID Intake System For 2006-2008 Corvette Z06 7.0L

Any pics of one installed on a C6 Z06?
Hello Zippy,

If you have any questions on the Airaid Intake, please feel free and let me know.

Hello PerforminNorman,

Thanks for the picture and the links, your quick, you beat me to it:)

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

any chance of a C5 intake system?
Hello hugoagogo,

I have not heard of anything in the works for the C5, but I will be more than happy to pass along your request to our R&D dept.

Thanks,
David

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts

Very nice piece, easy install, properly priced, was 254. at Summit. Very happy.

·
Registered
176 Posts

I just install the airaid and the odb light came on and I was told at the dealer that it could be the oil from teh filter that contaminated the sensor. My question is, the filter is pretreated at the factory correct and I assume that it has been tested for the right amount of oil. Also has this happen to other owners as well and what does it take to clear it and does it do harm to the car.

I did notice a increase in MPG especially in traffic situation.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I just install the airaid and the odb light came on and I was told at the dealer that it could be the oil from teh filter that contaminated the sensor. My question is, the filter is pretreated at the factory correct and I assume that it has been tested for the right amount of oil. Also has this happen to other owners as well and what does it take to clear it and does it do harm to the car.

I did notice a increase in MPG especially in traffic situation.
Hello Phil,

I can guarantee you it is not the "Oil" on the filter.

I will have a tech from our R&D dept. contact you ASAP!

Thanks,
David

·
Premium Member
346 Posts

What code did you get? Most probably an air leak in the fitting.

·
Registered
176 Posts

I spoke to the Tech from Air aid and he was very helpful. I took the car back to the mechanic that put it on for me. The code was a lean code and he checked and re-tighten all the fitting as well. It may either have jarred loose for driving it after install or it was just tuned on the sensitive side from from the factory. We cleared the code and I'll drive it for a few days and see it it comes back. I did see a improvement in my mileage already and the seat of pants test give it better response on the gas.

I do have to say that Air-aid was very helpful and very quick to respond on this question, probably one of the better vendors I have ever dealt with, I'm happy to do business with them. Plus it's made in America and I am not talking to some guy from India or Mexico that have never seen an corvette or a V8 for that matter.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I spoke to the Tech from Air aid and he was very helpful. I took the car back to the mechanic that put it on for me. The code was a lean code and he checked and re-tighten all the fitting as well. It may either have jarred loose for driving it after install or it was just tuned on the sensitive side from from the factory. We cleared the code and I'll drive it for a few days and see it it comes back. I did see a improvement in my mileage already and the seat of pants test give it better response on the gas.

I do have to say that Air-aid was very helpful and very quick to respond on this question, probably one of the better vendors I have ever dealt with, I'm happy to do business with them. Plus it's made in America and I am not talking to some guy from India or Mexico that have never seen an corvette or a V8 for that matter.
Hello racezx9,

Please keep us updated on how it goes.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
176 Posts

The code came back on today, it was a P0174 lean air code and I spoke to Brian again. I rechecked ad re-tighten the filter my self again and cleared the code and waiting to see what happens in the next couple of days. I hope that does it. I did notice in the last time when I start the car the ODB light blinks on and then turn off. This time after I clear it it does not come on at all not even the blink, but I only have about 5 miles on the car and last time it took about 45 - 50 miles before the light comes on. I hope it works this time.

·
Registered
8 Posts

The code came back on today, it was a P0174 lean air code and I spoke to Brian again. I rechecked ad re-tighten the filter my self again and cleared the code and waiting to see what happens in the next couple of days. I hope that does it. I did notice in the last time when I start the car the ODB light blinks on and then turn off. This time after I clear it it does not come on at all not even the blink, but I only have about 5 miles on the car and last time it took about 45 - 50 miles before the light comes on. I hope it works this time.
Same thing happened to me with the AIRAID. It isn't the filter or install. You're seeing a lean condition because of the extra air coming in so you're going to have to get the car tuned eventually if you don't want codes to keep coming up. Great piece but I took mine off until I get her tuned in a month or so.

·
Registered
176 Posts

looks like I will need a tune with my Airaid. The code came back and I had it checked out by 2 shops and it's just running to lean and it's setting off the P0174 code. I tested and check for leaks my self as well and can't find any. The positive is I will probably end up with mor eHP after the Tune and it should not affect the warranty. They are also going to reprogram the torque management so I get no delay on torque delivery and get better response. The shop also told me they will not erase anything on the computer so dealers will not know it's been tuned and they will save the original tune on their computer and they can always returned the tune to my car in about 15 minutes if I ever need it.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Same thing happened to me with the AIRAID. It isn't the filter or install. You're seeing a lean condition because of the extra air coming in so you're going to have to get the car tuned eventually if you don't want codes to keep coming up. Great piece but I took mine off until I get her tuned in a month or so.
When did you get the Airaid on yours installed and what year is your Z.

·
Registered
176 Posts

I got mine tuned yesterday. not a bad deal, the tuner brought the tune just in line with what the extra air needed. I ended up with 20 extra HP from what it was putting down with the air aid on the motor(I never baseline the car with out the Air-aid). The car is now putting down 482 to the wheel and 441 torque to the wheel. they said it's one of the stronger LS7 motors they've seen. This is on a Mustang Dyno. The original tune is also saved in teh computer so I can go back and get it re flashed to OEM anytime I need to. I suppose it was worth the tune. They also took the CAGS and torque management off so the torque response is much better.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts

I got mine tuned yesterday. not a bad deal, the tuner brought the tune just in line with what the extra air needed. I ended up with 20 extra HP from what it was putting down with the air aid on the motor(I never baseline the car with out the Air-aid). The car is now putting down 482 to the wheel and 441 torque to the wheel. they said it's one of the stronger LS7 motors they've seen. This is on a Mustang Dyno. The original tune is also saved in teh computer so I can go back and get it re flashed to OEM anytime I need to. I suppose it was worth the tune. They also took the CAGS and torque management off so the torque response is much better.
That is strong. Especially considering it was a Mustang Dyno.

·
Registered
176 Posts

That is strong. Especially considering it was a Mustang Dyno.
Yeah, they said on a dynojet it would be much higher. they were really impressed by the fact that we got 20 more horse for not much work. They said it's definitely was a motor built on a Monday....:pp:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts