Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it necessary to have the car aligned after a clutch change? We had the rear down and even though there is locating pins there is still a small amount of play before you tighten it right up. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
IMO it's a very good idea. Those pins have enough play in them to throw the alignment off. :cheers:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Probably not a bad idea, though I've had my rear subframe off 4 times in the life of the car and have never had it re-aligned and never had any tire wear issues.

Dope

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
The tech told me no... there ins't any play it re-doing the rear subframe.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
IT L GO said:
IMO it's a very good idea. Those pins have enough play in them to throw the alignment off. :cheers:
I agree. The subframe pins don't have much play in them... but it doesn't take much to change your alignment either. Your toe could easily be off by 1/16-1/8". This isn't a huge change, and probably isn't even enough for the vast majority of drivers to notice, but it may negatively impact your tire wear. :cheers:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. Haven't made up my mind yet. Thanks for the tutorial Dope, you made the job much easier. Brad, I made my order and received it just in time to throw everything back together. The pump is on backorder though.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
tratr said:
Thanks for the responses. Haven't made up my mind yet. Thanks for the tutorial Dope, you made the job much easier. Brad, I made my order and received it just in time to throw everything back together. The pump is on backorder though.
Thanks, I appreciate the support.

Those pumps are popular. I used to have a cheap one from the local autoparts store. It worked but leaked like a sieve and was slow. You can pick one up fairly cheap and it will work if you are in a hurry to change the fluids. :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts