Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have some serious traction issues, even for a stock car. I got on it with tC and AH and it will sit and spin in second and third. The car is very low and I'm thinking my alignment is off with too much negative camber.

A good source that does tracking events in her C5 said the 0 neg camber would be a good setup for straight line acceleration sacrificing some handling. What are your guys experience with the Z06 and SC's or should I just say screw it and buy the RII's now instead of waiting until I need new tires?

Thanks,

Bobby

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
The R2's make a HUGE difference, and yes 0 neg camber will put the most rubber to the ground. Funny, I've been thinking about going back to zero camber myself for the same reason.

Just get the tires, you'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mikey, I've been looking at Drag radials too. The BFG are actually very reasonably priced. I'm having a hard time with the RII's. What size did you go with in ght rear I'm just seeing 285/35

·
Registered
584 Posts
0 sounds right unless the tires chosen have some built-in camber. IIRC there were some BFG's made that way?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
305/35/18

With the Goodyears I had major wheelspin in first from a roll once I hit the powerband, and major wheelspin when shifting into second. Both are completely gone now, and the R2 isn't even the drag radial. It's the road course tire. I can only imagine what the DR is like. I'll get that next time when I'm finished with my engine. In the meantime, the R2 does perfect with my 360rwhp.

·
Registered
415 Posts
You might want to consider upgrading to 02 or newer shocks. I had severe rear traction issues with my 01 while my 03 with more power stays planted. The 02+ shocks allow the rear to squat more under accelleration effectively shifting more weight over the tail.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HMMM so would it be better to go with Bilstiens or 04s as a replacement. Keep in mind the Z handles more than enough for me at least at this point my main concern is traction. Until I get some more seat time at a track and can drive to the abilities of the car I"m going to be more of a drag race kinda guy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts