Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking for a good alignment shop to lower my z06 and perform an autocross alignment. I'd prefer a shop that specializes in Corvettes or at least is very familiar with them. I want to be sure that they can lower the car properly using the stock bolts. I'm more concerned with the quality of the work than the cost as long as its reasonable. Does anyone know of a good shop in the DC, MD, Northern VA area?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I lowered the car myself, and Im no mechanic by any means, I pretty sure you can do it yourself as good as anyone, but as far as aligmnets, I took to the most expensive out of my choices because they talked to me with knowledge and they are a only corvette shop. Its Tony's Corvette in Gaithersburg, MD. I think it was $175, but they ask you exaclty what you want, I dont road course (yet) but they gave a SCCA spec aligment and let me tell you, you can tell the diffrence! Its awsome! The dealers can do it for less but they dont have anyone as qualified, and even if they did, they wouldn't work with me on an appoitment with a set time, I had to drop off the car for a whole day for them to do a couple hours work, that mean drop off and someone pick you up, then someone take you back, But Tony's Corvette did take me to come in at a set time and I waited about 1.5 for it, but Keith showed me around for the whole time I was waiting, I have never gotten treated like that by any business, A++++

You can get their number on Their website, Their a link here on this website to it too.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
I'll recommend Fox Chevrolet in Laurel. But talk to Bobby. He is the top team mechanic and worked on my car. Top notch and he'll adjust the fianl alignment as you like, guaranteed. Something like $ 80. He's also a member here, BowTieBandit.

·
Registered
891 Posts
mjustmike said:
I'll recommend Fox Chevrolet in Laurel. But talk to Bobby. He is the top team mechanic and worked on my car. Top notch and he'll adjust the fianl alignment as you like, guaranteed. Something like $ 80. He's also a member here, BowTieBandit.
This is a lot less than either Criswell or Tony's. Maybe I should switch to Bobby at Fox.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
I'll try to give him a head's up that you're coming his way, if you want me too. Or tell him I sent you, or Don dwjz06 knows him also.

Try calling the service desk and ask for service manager, I think his name is Mike (I know him as Popeye on the other forum) and explain to him you'd like Bobby to work on your alignment.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
I would recommend Tony's also. They are also a Supporting Forum vendor.
They will set you up to any specs you are willing to do.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
mjustmike said:
I'll try to give him a head's up that you're coming his way, if you want me too. Or tell him I sent you, or Don dwjz06 knows him also.

Try calling the service desk and ask for service manager, I think his name is Mike (I know him as Popeye on the other forum) and explain to him you'd like Bobby to work on your alignment.

Mike, The price is more like $129, and I took your advise to take it to him, but everytime I tried to talk to him they said he was too busy and I couldn't talk to him, I had to make an appoitment, and when I asked several times to get a set time during the day where I could come in and wait a few hours for it(versus drop it off) they told me very pissy " we dont work that way :roll: " with a caviar and champgne talk, very clear to laugh at me like I was crazy, so the last time I told them" ok , I will take it somewhere else" and they told me " I think you should" . They had an oppotunity to make a customer, being that I told them I wanted to go to them from now on since it was closer then Criswell, But I guess they dont need costumers. So then I talked to Tony from Tony's corvette and he told me I could set up for any time, and they treated really good, that's what matters, the diffrence between $50 is nothing considering its going to be a while, and I dont know if Laurel would make you so comfortable to the point of you making it clear of exaclty how you want your car aligned, and I dont know if you tell them things about you want it to handle really well for road course, that they will keep that on the down low and not put it against you when something breaks!!

But I never got to meet or talk to Bobby at Laurel, I take your word for it that he know what he's doing, and I was very exited to have him work on my car, because it was going to be someone I would put on my car from now on, It is only 10 minutes from my house, and Laurel is cheaper then Criswell, but that didnt happen, maybe if they scrape up for my number and call me to opoligize then I'll give them a second chance, but I doubt it since they couldn't even call me back when I left message!

Hey, rwg, if you're in DC , Gaithersburg is problably closer :jammin:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Yeah...Tony's is good. I used him a lot for clutch and other work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the comments. I will be calling Tony. It's closer to me and the service sounds like what I am looking for. :usa:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Please mention the Forum. But if you mention my name, Tony will probably shake his head. He still can't believe I totaled her.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Definately tell Tony that Bob Roy and Mike Siska sent you! I plan to have Tony lower my car in a couple of weeks. Let me know how things work out!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Bob said:
Definately tell Tony that Bob Roy and Mike Siska sent you! I plan to have Tony lower my car in a couple of weeks. Let me know how things work out!
Actually I beat both of you on this thread to it, to mention Tony's Corvette that is, Tell him Luis sent you! :jammin: Nah Im joking , Tony problably wouldn't even remember me, I only had the aligment done so far! :cheers:

·
Registered
60 Posts
COUTO1981..I am sorry if I missed your call...our problem right now is our Dealership was leveled and they are building us a new one so the writers are in one building and we are in another on the other side of RT1. Pretty crappy set up right now but our brand new dealership should be up by summer.

It's just plain easier to show up or PM me for my cell phone number. I may not answer it right away, don't wear it when I'm working, but leave a message and I'll retirn it.

Just don't show up to early..I'm not much of a morning person..lol

Anyway my apologies again..

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
bowtiebandit said:
COUTO1981..I am sorry if I missed your call...our problem right now is our Dealership was leveled and they are building us a new one so the writers are in one building and we are in another on the other side of RT1. Pretty crappy set up right now but our brand new dealership should be up by summer.

It's just plain easier to show up or PM me for my cell phone number. I may not answer it right away, don't wear it when I'm working, but leave a message and I'll retirn it.

Bobby!!!
Where the heck have you been??
Well, that just means easier access for me if they are going to Tony's!! I want to invite you to a gathering, going to call Don and a few others. April 30, my buddy is opening his garage to us, in VA. You up for a drive???

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
bowtiebandit said:

Bobby, I heard good things about you, and none of what I said was towards you, apperantly a fellow there didn't thing I was serious about handing all my service over to You guys instead of Criswell, When I heard about you from Mike, I got excited for all the right reasons and the dealer is only 10 minutes from my house, I guess my hopes got way to high, but I guess they're just too busy over there to deal with me. But actually for right now I service it myself 100% 'til I get some answers!, there was a little incident/ incidents over at Criswell, and after 2.5 years of going to them I though I deserved better, But I wont get into right now ,maybe you'll be the one solving the problem with my Z06! I just said I wouldn't be going at all, to let off steam :crazy: , but Im hoping because again its closer and Im pretty shore you wont ignore something simple in a car like Criswell did, :pp: There I go again running my mouth, oh well, thanx alot for the reply, maybe I will finally get to meet you if we get together for the drive down to VA for that Garage grand opening Mike's talking about :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts