Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for a competant place to do an alignment on the Z. I am in the Walnut Creek area of east bay. Chevy dealer wants $395 which is outrageous. Ive called a couple places and most quotes are for $150. Have no idea of there experiences with new Vettes though.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
There is a place in Castro Valley. I have heard good things about them, I think his name is Roger Krause

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yes I have had mine aligned about 10 times at Roger Kraus Tires. 2896 Grove Way - Castro Valley, CA 94546
Ph: 510-582-5031
They do a great job there. I have had aggressive track alignments done and normal street alignments.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How long did the alignment take at Rogers place and cost? Was it a computer alignment? I guess some places do hand alignments, although I am not sure how accurate those are.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I don't remember the exact cost but I think it was less than $200. It is definitely a laser computer alignment. They do a lot of race cars and high end sports cars. One time at the Open Track Challenge Rupert Bragg Smith and myself aligned my Z06 with strings in the parking lot. When I took it to Roger Kraus they were amazed at how close we got to what I needed that day for the track. Rupert is a genuis when it comes to this, he amazed me.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Don't mean to hijack this thread but I too am looking for a good shop in my area, but I'm concerned about marks left on the wheels from the wheel fixtures being over tightened. Anyone have this problem? :cheers:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whenever I take any of my cars in for anything I will stand with the car or as close to it as possible. The person will usually take better steps in handling the car when they know im right there watching.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts