Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I breezed through everything on install till I saw small hole in filter (where the airhose emissions thing attaches to ) and realized it is way smaller than my plastic hose piece even with grommet removed.
Hopefully you all know what I am talking about.
What did you do??
Was your's the same or did it fit??
Thanks

:-? :-? :-? :-?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
You might want to check your stock box. Maybe you left the rubber connector that fits into the filter on that housing. Mine fits fine on both of the filters, Wedge and T1000.

Don

·
Registered
68 Posts
The plastic elbow will fit into that hole, you may want to spray some silicon spray on it so it is easier to push in, but it will fit (of course not using the grommet). What you will have to do is put the filter in so that the hole for this hose is toward the bottom, if you have the box like filter, like mine, not the wedge, then the chrome strip at the bottom of the filter will actually face up and the HallTech logo will read from back to front of the car, or upside down. Otherwise you will not have enough length in the hose to get it to mate up to the filter.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Mine is installed with the chrome rib on the under side of the filter facing down. This will position the hole on the top and the length of tubing will reach with no problem. Both filters, wedge and chrome tipped T1000 both will be positioned with the hole facing up and the tubing will reach easily. I have both and recently took off the wedge and installed the T1000, a five minute replacement.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was able to lube it up and make it work. I called the folks at Haltech and was trying to explain to the lady how the large male part couldn't fit into the small hole. She suggested I use some spit to lube it up.
As I got off the phone I couldn't decide if our discussion was phone sex or car related.
Was really damn funny!
;)

G

·
:lol: :lol: Very funny silver bullet

Hope you were able to fix the problem. If I can help you in any other way let me know. And trust me if we were having phone sex spit would not be the word I would use.:eek: :D

Pamela

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now I guess the scary question is did you remeber that conversation and think it was a little weird and funny after you hung up?

Now I know all the guys would agree if cars and sex could somehow be the only things in the world the world indeed would be a happy place.
:D

G

·
Now that I think about it yes, But I was going by what Jim was
telling me as we talked. That's the scary part.:-? :lol:

And your right if all there was in the world was cars and sex life would be good.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts