Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new Z last night (finally).
What a freakin' car Oh My God! This thing is amazing. Well gotta go drive some more.

Guys, thanks for the help during the Wait and for keeping me on track. You all were right as hell when you said the car was worth the wait. See ya.

Mike

------------------

·
Registered
906 Posts
...Just wait till you hit 500 miles.......THE FUN BEGINS!!

------------------
'73 Silver Roadster -gone
'89 Red Coupe -gone
'01 SLK320 Silver 6-Speed -Wife's vert/coupe
'01 Quicksilver/Black Z06 •SilverShark•
Throttle Depressed. Driver Very Happy.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Congrats!! The grin will be permanent!!

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I applaud you M3NOMORE!!!!!!!! Congrats!!

I will be there...but 135 more days has to come and go!!!

------------------
Deposit on 2002 MY Z06-First on Campbell Chevy(Bowling Green,KY)list!! Due in late July!:(

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SMFCPACFP:
Congratulations, what color?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! Torch Red w/Mod Red Int.

Well, back to the street. 300 miles so far. I'll get to 500 by tomorrow evening. Can't wait to really get on it.

One question... I seem to be attracting every Mustang GT, Firebird, Trans Am, and Z28 in the area. They all seem to want to show me how fast their car is. Is this normal???? I also seem to get groups of cars around me on the highway when there isn't much traffic. Is this normal as well??? see ya

Mike

------------------

·
Registered
566 Posts
Mike:

Yes that's about normal. They just want you to show them what it can do.

------------------

Quicksilver Z06 KN w/Modified Air Box

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She's all broken in. 540 miles on the clock this evening. Started romping on her at 501 miles. Holy $hit is it fast. 100mph comes up awfully fast.
So does the rev. limiter

She idles a little rough, is that normal? And when should I change out the factory oil?

------------------

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congratulations on what will be the best car you will ever own! I too had a M3. nice car ,but it cannot compare in terms of raw performance.. I just got back from the caribean with my kids and the fisrt thing I did after walking into the house was check the garage to make sure my silver beauty was well!

regards,
silverbullitt

------------------

·
Registered
442 Posts
I believe that the idle roughness is called running a little cammie. It only gets better. Im going to change my oil this week at 2500 miles.

------------------
Hope to Z you soon
Ron "The Candy Man" Shelato

MYellow Z06, K40 stealth w/laser difusser front and rear, Clear conformal Licence plate cover (for the Laser D), 3m clear bra, CF shift knob, storage covers, window tint, 18" Billet antenna, steering wheel decal, and Lloyds rear deck carpet(to lower the volume inside)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I can understand your feelings M3NoMore. The thing you are noticing with the mustangs and others is somewhat normal. ALthough I have had more cobra kit cars and z3-Mpower guys dreaming than the mustangs and camaros. Now that many of them have heard about and experienced the Z06's performance, I don't see them wanting a piece of it as much as just wanting to see it run. If you think the interest of people wanting to see it is neat now, imagine what it was like back when it first came out. I got mine in the first week of September. There weren't many around then and everybody wanted to see it. I had mine at the Ecklers get together in October, I had more people coming over to see my Z06 than any of the really great classic vettes that were there. Now that was a great feeling. Enjoy your new car. Once you get to know your car, try it in the "competition mode". Just be careful, it will roar.

------------------
QuickSilver with red/black interior, chromatic mirrors,
memory package and Lloyd Z06 mats

·
Registered
391 Posts
My first oil change was under 1k miles. The idle on mine doesn't seem rough to me, but I don't think its a problem.

------------------
Z06,Red,Modified Red.Stock for now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts