Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my visit to Bowling Green last week I was able to walk the plant with my car as it moved down the assembly line from 8am until the end of the shift. At one station the car was overhead and the operator asked if I'd like to sign the vehicle. She gave me a pen and I signed my name and the date 8/22/01 on the bottom of the car thereby creating the first "Signature Series Z06". I can't wait until the first time the car is on the rack at my local Chevy dealer and the mechanic sees my autograph.

By the way, I got both body and running gear build sheets, fueled the car for the first time and fired the engine for the first time. The car rolled off the line on the morning of 8/23 with no noted mechanical defects.

On a free day I checked out the facilities and team at Cave City Chevrolet to gain confidence that all will be well during prep for museum delivery. Even had time do do some cave exploration with a small group of 150 on a tour at Mammoth Cave. All in all this was one incredibly memorable plant tour and visit. I owe a large part of it to Karen Akers of the Museum Delivery Staff who worked with me on access to some of the in-plant activities. I'm sure glad I ordered R8C delivery! jerboa :-D :-D :grin:

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Glad you are having a good time back there. Most of us have been in the Realtime Chat section. Keep up posted. :cheers:

·
Registered
991 Posts
That is GREAT Janet. Thanks for the help and encouragement you have given me. I will hang in there and next time there will be NO DOUBT as to where my new Vette comes from. Two years I would guess. Thanks a million. JLH-Z06

·
Registered
629 Posts
Congrats Janet, Isn’t it GREAT!

Did Sonny, er, uh, oops I meant "the mystery guest" go with you through the plant?

Carl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts