Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I hope you and yours are well. We went to alms and wec endurance races at cota and here are a few pictures. The corvette corral was a reserved section shared with the vipers. The outlandish and garish vipers were there in force and numbered almost as many as the corvettes. Our seats for alms were at turn 15, where you can see the end of the straight and several turns. The factory corvettes got into it early with the vipers and after the 04 car lost its portion of the battle, it drifted back and eventually pulled off the track after only 30 minutes or so, leaving the one 03 car (Magnus/Garcia) to contend with the rest of the field--not that it mattered. Garcia used traffic well to hold off the lead Rahol BMW, and upted the pace to stay in front of the lead viper to take the class win.
The next day on Sunday we went to watch the 6 hr wec race, which only had the one amateur corvette entry, and no vipers, so the corral was pretty empty. We watched most of the race from turn one and at 1 hour remaining, I signaled to the am vette to go faster as they were 4th of 8, to my surprise the French team responded, and ran their fastest laps of the race, temporarily holding the pro gt astinmartins at bay for one lap--and got spun for their efforts. (no flag)
We had a great time, and enjoyed our first true endurance race.
Thankyou to COTA and WEC for bringing Europe to TX! almspkg.jpg

almspkg2.jpg

alms15.jpg

amvette.jpg

amlstwr.jpg
zteve06
blk 02 z06

·
9,755 Posts
Cool stuff. I wish I had made it to a race at COTA before the change to USCR. It looks like a pretty cool track.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm lucky, cuz I live in south Austin, and the 80 mph tollway is just a few miles south of here, from there its a short stint to the track--all at 80 plus. I must admit, however, that its a bit loud at 80 plus. The track is great, and im considering a track day out there--if only I can find enuff quarters
zteve06
blk 02 z06

1 - 5 of 5 Posts