5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALMS just started mid-race on CBS.

Saleen currently in 1st in GT1. :(

Not yet sure where the C6Rs are. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
They were pretty emotional there at the end... how coincidental that 2 guys on the same team lost their father in an accident so close together.

Congrats to the C6-R guys... well done!

Off to Le Mans ... I wish I were going, I made it there 3 years in a row back in the 90's...

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was very impressed with Ron's restraint on the last lap or two when the #4 edged him out in the pits. Damaging the car wouldn't have been good given the short time until LeMans, but you could tell how much he wanted by.

I was very happy to see the #3 awarded the win. :cheers:

·
Registered
307 Posts
I wish there was more action in GT1 so they would get more coverage. I guess that's the price you pay for domination. :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yeah I caught the last 30min or so of it, good race! C6R's taking 1 and 2 with a C5R taking 5th. Its good to still see the vette dominating

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Wasn't home to watch so I taped the race and reviewied last night. What a croc!!!! :mad:

Like the announcers said, "that was a deliberate block during the pit stop." ALMS oficials agreed, and penalized Car #4 giving the victory to Ron Fellows in the 3 car.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
"Both cars were running very close and needed a couple of gallons of fuel," explained Corvette Racing program manager Doug Fehan. "The No. 3 car came in first but didn't stop quite short enough; when the No. 4 pulled into its pit, the No. 3 couldn't get out. The No. 4 Corvette took the lead, but was penalized 20 seconds because one of the crewmen didn't have his goggles in place during refueling. That penalty moved them to second.

Pat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts