Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would any of you change your Z06 rocker panels to use these? I'm thinking this is what the General should have done, considering the stone chipping problem with the stock black plastic inlets. Do you think adding these is good? bad? silly? :-?

Anybody know what these cost?

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
They are made by ACI or ATI or something, not terribly expensive but I don't know that they are functional......

JC

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Breathless Perpormance makes the finest rear brake ducts I have seen. They are VERY functunal and look great. Ernie and his staff at BPP has theses ducts on their test mules for months prior to release to the public. Here in South Florida these ducts are popping up on C5's . I'm staying with the CHEAP stock ducts. FUBU69/LES

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
The only thing that jumps out at me looking at the ACI brake ducts, beyond the install $$$, is the size of the duct. The pictures seem to show a much smaller inlet than the stock Z inlet. I only wonder if this would somehow not effectively cool the larger Z brakes and cause some kind of problem...

·
Registered
327 Posts
What makes you guys think that the ACI ducts wont get the stone chip and sand blasted look to them? And they are molded and painted... You can just put new stock ducts on the car if they get too ratty for $120 or so...

They do look much more custom though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts