Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Omaha, NE, which I guess is not one of the biggest markets in the US for Z06's. A few weeks ago, I talked to one dealer, and he told me the last order was placed in January for the '01 Z06's, and even if I paid him $25k over MSRP, there's no way I could get one. (He DID say I could try and talk to the president of GM)..

So, I started to lose hope, and I figured I'd "settle" for a '01 Black Coupe (I don't like the convertibles that much). So I got in touch with another dealer that day (they seem to have more Vettes on their floors), and jokingly I asked him if he had any Z06's laying around. He laughed, and pretty much repeated the same answer to me.. No way - last one ordered was in January.. Blah blah.

So I left him my name and number and told him to call me when a 6-speed coupe was available, and I'd grab one.

Later that night, he calls me up -- says this guy who ordered a Z06 in January seems to have lost a ton of money in the market, and now that it's about to be built, the guy can't pay for it. I ask him if he's joking, he says no, and next thing you know about 25 minutes later I'm at the dealership.

It's still early enough for me to pick the color (all but Yellow) - so I pick Torch Red (soo excited).. He sits down with me, and starts doing the paperwork.. This car only had $300 in options (which was fine by me) - and then he says that this dealership has a standard $2500 markup over MSRP on all it's Z's.

I figure that's just fine - I could care less, I was just soo excited. So I sign a paper saying that the haggling process was over, fill out the credit app, give him $2500 to hold the car for me.. Last week I got an order number, this week I should have the build date/etc..

So, I'm VERY excited.

Recently, I've seen a lot of these "I got my car for $4k UNDER MSRP, I got $1k under, etc etc"..

I have NO CLUE what to do now! For the people that are getting these great prices, do you live in a market where the demand isn't high for these??

Am I a moron? Should I all of a sudden lose some money in the market and not be able to pay for mine as well, and go look somewhere else? Hold for an '02? I'm definitely not upset that the '02 has more HP, I will be happy with the '01 JUST FINE.

Is a $2500 markup in a very-high demand market ok? Am I terribly misleaded that the current market for Z06's IS a high-demand market? Am I a sucker for paying MSRP and over for a car that needs to be moved for the new model year?

BTW, the dealer said my expected date to be in my car would be the middle of May or maybe a week later..

I'm so confused.. The $2500 won't break me, I just don't wanna be a sucker and would rather spend it on something else if I could.. But I NEED THIS CAR. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sorry for the novel here.. If anyone has actually read this far. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thanks.

---
dimer0
'01 Audi S4.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Yes, yes, yes... you are getting screwed! You should at least get $1000 off MSRP. Shop around... it won't be hard.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Dimer,

We have a supporting vendor who is offering Z06's with a good discount.

Also, my dealer here in St. Louis has 3 unsold Z06's on order for MSRP. 1 Black, 1 Red and 1 QuickSilver.

Send me an email if you need details.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
dimer0
At this point pay nothing for than msrp at max. Even better wait on 02's they will be less than msrp. I can't believe dealer salesmen don't they want to eat????

·
Registered
680 Posts
The only time I think you are getting screwed on a deal is when "you" think you are. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif If you are happy with the deal, and it sounded like you were when you signed the papers, get the car and enjoy it! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif OR find a better deal, show your dealer and see if he will work with you. I know up here in the NW Dealers were sometimes asking 10k over!! and they DID sell them!!. It's your decision, as long as your happy...Buy it, and start Zfeeling!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice guys.. I went on GMBuyPower tonight and actually found two places within 30 miles that have Z06's at their location.. I'm gunna talk with those guys and see what they can do, and whatever I get from them I'll take to my current dealer and see if he can work with me..

Now I'm just ticked that I'm waiting -- instead of driving. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts