Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AMSOIL has just reformulated the XL-7500 line of synthetic motor oils to comply with the new SM/GF-4 specifications.

This oil is AMSOIL's least expensive synthetic oil and not the one I'd recommend for the Corvette. The XL-7500 is a group III synthetic oil, which is essentially a highly refined, very pure petroleum base stock oil. To the base stock, AMSOIL adds a very robust additive package.

AMSOIL rates this oil for 7500 miles or six months, or longer as indicated by the oil life monitor (which is normally limited to annually per the owners manual). So this oil is a good fit if you are looking for a quality synthetic that matches up with the oil life monitor that doesn't cost and arm and a leg. I use this line of oil in my wife Chevy Trailblazer.

This oil is API certified and should meet most manufacturers requirements. To check the applicable AMSOIL products for your specific vehicle, please use this online application guide:
AMSOIL Online Product Application Guide

New XL Extended Life Motor Oils from AMSOIL

P.S. These are the oils I recommend for the Vette:
AMSOIL Series 2000 0w30
AMSOIL SAE Synthetic 5w30

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Thank you, Subdriver. I use Amsoil exclusively and was wondering about the XL formulations. My research lead me to stick with their "standard" 5W-30. :jammin:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
arturox2 said:
Thank you, Subdriver. I use Amsoil exclusively and was wondering about the XL formulations. My research lead me to stick with their "standard" 5W-30. :jammin:
I think that is the right call for the Vette, but the XL line is a slightly less alternative for a "normal" daily driver (like my wife's Trailblazer). :cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts