Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was driving to work this morning thinking about our brother Silverbullitt. Thinking about how fortunate both I and my family are. Thinking about how I don't ever want to forget him and his family, even though I really didn't know them. Thinking about how much his Z probably meant to him and the pleasure he got from it. Thinking about how, if he was anything like me, other non-vetters thought he was crazy for walking, talking and thinking about his Z all the time, which judging from his posts I believe he was.

I have an idea for a little memorial for him. I propose that whenever we get together as a group at events, etc. (like Eckler's in Oct.) we reserve a space (right up front), properly marked with some sort of placard, for Silverbullitt. That way he can join in with the rest of us like he probably would have wanted to do. Maybe we could snap some pics and pics of the brick dedicated to him and send them to his family in some kind of book, if everyone thinks that's appropriate, to show them that Silverbullitt had a lot of folks that really cared about him and miss him.

Just an idea from a man still looking for the how and why of it all.

·
Registered
0 Posts
That's a very thoughtful idea. JC and I have also been kicking around the idea of placing a brick at the NCM next to the Forum brick.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Frank, I personally think the brick is a must-do. Have you started the fund yet, if so tell me how I can contribute.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I love the idea of a space reserved for him up front. We could put a sign on a stand that gives a little history and some pictures.

This would be viewed very highly by the people that see this at the shows.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I know this will sound a little strange to some but.... My friends (the one obsessed with cars like I am) are the only ones that truely understand how I (and other car lovers) can enjoy cars so much. With this said we have an unwritten rule that if any of us happens to pass before our time that the others would take the car and make sure it stays in mint shape. They also would drive the car they way the owner did. If it was the owners dream to make the car an 11 sec car then the others go about doing this. If he wanted to enter and win shows with it then so be it (granted no trailer queens here). We are still without family's of our own(24-27) so there would be no compensation needed to be paid to the family for the car. Basically what I'm saying here is if silerbullit has any really good friends here with enough cash, I would think it would be nice to buy (more donate money to the family) silver's car and keep it going. I know it sounds petty at first but think exactly how happy you are when your in your car driving down an open road or even when someone looks over at you in traffic and gives a "thumbs up" Again not trying to be disrespectfull since I didn't know him just sharing what my friends and I would want if i passed. Ohh and to address anyone who thinks this is bargin shopping, it's not. If the car is worth 40K give the fam 45K and prevent them from having to deal with those who are gonna try and scam them for a cheap car.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Am not sure what to do, but agree, we should do something special.

God Bless his family...We will miss him!

Tony V.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts