Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy Costello sets a new e.t and speed record with the Halltech T-1 and other mods

First of all, Dave Shepard claims to have run 11.87 @ 119 with the Halltech T-1 Induction system, but the event did not hand out time slips. Because we could not verify this pass we did not post the run on our website, but did mention it here.

This morning I got a call from Andy Costello, who previously ran 12.1s with our T-1 Intake, but was running the Wedge filter.

We shipped the Z1000 filter to Andy and this morning his report is as follows:

11.86 @ 119.86 mph backed up by
11.93 @ 120.274 mph!

Andy's mods:
Halltech T-1 intake
Halltech Ported Throttle body
DRM full length headers.

Jim Hall

·
Registered
464 Posts
How do I get the "z1000" filter? I have checked your site but
didn't see it anywhere? How much are they?

Thanks,

2charmed

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Call toll free to order

866-379-8200 ask for Pam.

$99.00 upgrade price.

Jim

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Jim, Those are good runs. BUT IT"S JUST NOT STOCK WITH HEADERS AND MODED TB. Not to mention your after martket air bridge. Very nice for the mods,but how you continue to make this statement trying to pass it off as stock just destroys your credability with me. Try listing with "just one of your magic intakes" Ric

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EBZ06 said:
Jim,
Tony's Corvette Shop is going to switch me over to the Sidewinder and the new filter and install the 30# injectors on Monday. I'm interested in the ported throttle body if you think it's worth while and assuming you can get it to Tony by Monday AM.
Please call me at home. Jerry
Yes, the ported throttle body is worth 2 to 3 HP at redline over stock with our T-1 intake. The BBK we tested (ported) actually lost HP on the dyno.

Our Ported TB makes even more HP when adding headers.

Jim

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Wow; those are some exciting numbers. I appreciate your previous response on the warranty issues and being a bottom breather. I was on your site once and had seen a video of the installation for one of the products, do you still have that link? Is the Sidewinder in stock? Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Re: Credibility

Halltech said:

Ric. You do not plan to purchase anything now or in the future from Halltech. Every post we make, you come in and peck away. Why? What have we ever done to you?

We list everything on the car. I should have said bolt-ons not stock, but would that have really made a difference to you?

I guess if I hadn't said fastest Stock you would have jumped to the phone and ordered. Right.

BTW Thanks for the MAGIC idea. Max Airflow Generator Induction Coupler.

The airbridge is over 1/2 of the T-1 Intake, with the rest forward of the MAF.

Jim Hall

JIM, First of all I DO NOT look at the raceing section as a marketing site. It's about honest, accuraaate, and hopefully helpfull imformation. I read your post because you posted a very good et and that is of intrest to me. Yes it would make it very different if you said bolt- ons. I am sorry you feel that I peek away at you, if you were straight forward with your numbers and claim of stock I would be less inclined to read it as deceptive. Your very welcome to Magic, just remember there is no real difference between magic and illushen except knowing the TRICK. Ric

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Guys, whether its stock or modded (and I had a modded 99 C5), some of us newbies to the Z06 need to learn how to handle the power it has. I hear about wheel hop, t/c coming on at the strip, and other types of issues. And I for one NEED to learn how to drive this beast before I start modding it! And when I do, I think the sidewinder would be a neat first mod :D :D

·
Registered
467 Posts
Very good point... I know Andy... and he is a hell of a driver at the drags. He will get into someone else's car and drives it 0.2-0.3 seconds faster then they just did.

He knows the owners at Sear Points and gets endless hours of practice at launching. (though Sears is currently closed, I assume he is running at Sacramento Raceway these days).

Dont mean to invalidate his times in any way... but he is a great driver (and a real good guy).

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Guy's

Remember this is a public forum, let's play nice in the sandbox please.......................................................................................

·
Registered
0 Posts
Everybody take a deep breath and count to ten!! No need for arguements here!!

I respect Jim Hall for his honesty, and I respect Powershifter for his driving skills. Now let's all be friends and carry on like adults!! :flaming:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Re: Ric

Halltech said:
You accuse Halltech of deceptive practices. Not so. We post everything from the start. We didn't miss one or two of the mods.

If we had eliminated some of the mods from the post, then you could complain.

The truth is, you wanted us to supply you with an intake for your car (complimentary) and when we didn't bite, this vendeta started in almost every thread.

If we all must be honest, then start posting the type of high octane fuel you use to get into the 11s. Sunoco?

I may be a vendor here, but I am also one of the very first members on this forum and have a right to post information, whether you contrue it as marketing or not.

Now here is a marketing tool: Jim, First WHY are YOU not being honest, you and I KNOW that I proposed BUYING the sidewinder if you would take a return if it diden't show any on track improvement. I do credit you with moveing your FALSE claims of stock into your post rather than in the header of the post, a bit better but still deceptive if not read closely. I don't have a vendeta againest you, I would take exception to anyone that that repeatedly quotes numbers on cars with headers as stock. Since you are not in the NE I guess you are unaware that ALL sunoco stations sell at least 4 grades includeing 94 just pump gas.(you know I use sunoco because I have posted what I use) You certanly do have the right to post any way you want and so do I. Be assured if this is a problem to you YOU can elimanate it by being straight with your imfo. I don't see why you need to keep saying stock if it's not a marketing gimmick since you do know that's not stock. I haven't slamed your product or you because everyone deserves to make up there own mind based on the facts and I have been giveing you the benefit of the doubt up to NOW. Ric

http://www.corvettec5.com/store/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=19&category_id=1c914424d2569bea3439fbcca9123a27

Jim Hall

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Remember that DRM's long tubes when first tested last year on a Z06 (mine) they made 19 rwhp and 19 rwt when the only mods I had were a Donaldson and Corsas. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Hey Powershifter,

I love the 1/4 mile times you have achieved, very impressive!
:cheers:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Shifter,

You have been a member in good standing for a long time. I have alway enjoyed your posts. :)

I don't know what the problem is between you and Jim and I don't really give a rats ass, but, you need to stop the :bs: Please, stop attacking Jim when he posts. :)

Frank

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
This ain't my dogfight.......

But, as many of you have probably seen my posts on this issue...........I'll repeat it .........

As a relative newbie..............

I would like to see ALL intake mfgr's do a step by step process on these mods........

1- Stock dyno run......... I MEAN stock.

2- Dyno run with ONLY their product added...PERIOD.

This is the ONLY way, you or anyone else will KNOW for 100% certain the claims made are valid..........

And, it will help Jim, and any other intake seller, mfgr sell MORE products than ever........

Do you guy's remember the last poll??.....I forget WHO started it, but OVER 50% of all respondents had STOCK intakes.........

That is a lot of $$$$$$ hanging out there, for SOMEONE to stake a claim on...........

And honesty, and posting results will get the job DONE.

Jim, to his credit, has posted MORE than anyone else..........

Matter of fact, I don't recall ANY other maker giving us anything except their "Supposed", gains.......no validation at all........

I, as well as a few others ( I'm sure), would like to see the different Halltech intakes(ONLY), dyno'd on STOCK ( NO MODS), auto's..............

Both '01's, and '02's..................this will STOP the BS..........and get some sales........

I have been WAITING to see what increase can be expected, for '01's.............stock with the T-1..........

Several even more NEWBIE than I , have just purchased new, or used '01's..........we, need to see the figures..........then I will for sure BUY.......if the #'s are close to the claims.............

Sorry for the long post, but this needs to be put to bed, and this is the way to do it....................IMHO

1 - 20 of 36 Posts