Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received one of the partitions manufactured by Andy @ Z06 Parts and I must say this looks like a factory part built by General Motors. In fact they should contract with Andy to build them for GM as an outside supplier!! ANY of you guys that are on the fence about buying one GET OFF THE FENCE AND ON THE PHONE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER!!!!!!! I was a bit skeptical and thought that $400.00 Bucks was to much ... I was wrong . When you receive yours you will see. We all dropped 50K on a world class american made(YEAH) supercar and we cry about a 400 Dollar partition being to much. If it were an option from Chevrolet we would not even blink an eye. Buy the partition now before this guy and GM patent it and double the price . It is worth every bit of $400.00

Jackhammer:cheers: :z: :z:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Jackhammer,
Can you post a picture. I am trying to see some installed pics so I will know if I am doing mine wrong. I have one waiting for the car to come in.

Also, with all the hoopla about colors, how did yours match? Hopefully it is a good color match.

I can't wait to get the car to put mine in.

chris

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Yes, I agree, worth every penny, especially when purchased as part of a GP! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yes, even though the GP has become somewhat 'complicated', I think it's worth a $90 savings on a great product, not to mention that the carpet match for the 02s will be good, and you can also get carpet on both sides now (or even red vinyl on one side for you mod red guys) if you so desire. Its worth the wait -- don't you agree?? :D.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
I guess what I don't understand is, we buy the Z06 for its performance and with performance we get an exhaust tone
that I think we all like to hear. This too, is why many upgrade to an even more pronounced exhaust tone.

Why cover up that sweet sound with a noise blocker thingy?????

Am I missing something here??? Does this partion also come with a "Dynamat" type sound insulator to go on the sides and floor of the storage area too??

Joe

·
Registered
575 Posts
GNX Guy said:
I guess what I don't understand is, we buy the Z06 for its performance and with performance we get an exhaust tone
that I think we all like to hear. This too, is why many upgrade to an even more pronounced exhaust tone.

Why cover up that sweet sound with a noise blocker thingy?????

Joe
Excellent point!!!
Bob

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I hear plenty of exhaust music in my '02 with the partition installed. The main reasons why I installed it:

Reduction of tire noise;
Radio sounds 3 times better;
A/C effectiveness much improved;
While on trips, articles do not fly to the front from the back in
case of sudden stops - partition makes a true trunk area;
Partition easily removed for competitive events.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
BLEUBYU -- you nailed it!! :D:D

BTW -- anyone still interested in getting one at the group purchase price of $310 can do so if they act soon. Just call Nate and tell him you want to do the group purchase. See the GP thread in this forum for more info.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Red Partition Installed

I just got my computer back after a BAD virus put me down for a week. :mad:

Anyway... Nate sent my Mod Red Partition and I got it Friday.

This thing looks freakin' awesome! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I will post pics this weekend... can't wait for you guys to see how it looks.

The red is a perfect factory match and really sets the interior off. The tire noise is definitely reduced... and the stereo and A/C perform much better.

I was a skeptic... I am now a believer! :D

Get one... you won't be dissappointed. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
IMA... I will post pics by this weekend at the latest! :)

Gotta get my digital camera back from my girlfriend's friend! :mad:

Trust me... you guys won't be dissappointed! :cool:

It really takes the interior over the top! :eek:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I love mine!:D I even had my cargo mat cut in half so it would fit better. With the mat cut to fit it looks like a factory part.:cheers:
Installation tip: Use a small step ladder to get in and out of your trunk, it makes the install alot easier. Also, invest in a rivet tool for the install. It makes for a more secure snap. (You guys over 6' are on your own! :lol: )

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm going to try to instal Sherylann's next week. I'm 6'1 230 lbs. Does that mean I can't instal it myself?? I bet I can get my fat a$$ in there!! :eek:

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Ass in There

fcalmes said:
I'm going to try to instal Sherylann's next week. I'm 6'1 230 lbs. Does that mean I can't instal it myself?? I bet I can get my fat a$$ in there!! :eek:
Hey Frank; got you covered by thirty pounds. How bout takin a camera in there with you. If it looks bad I'll have a midget install mine. :lol: :D :lol:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Re: Ass in There

MUFFLERBEARING said:

How bout takin a camera in there with you. If it looks bad I'll have a midget install mine. :lol: :D :lol:
Oh yeah, I'll have a camera alright. :D If I need a midget, I'll get Sherylann :eek: She's 4'10" and weighs 90 lbs. I call her a dwarf, but she doesn't like that. :lol:

·
Registered
96 Posts
can someone please describe the construction details of this peice? I mean, is there more to it that just some plywood and autmotive carpet?

....some pictures would sure be nice too!

Thanks
Dugan

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Jackhammer said:
I just received one of the partitions manufactured by Andy @ Z06 Parts and I must say this looks like a factory part built by General Motors. In fact they should contract with Andy to build them for GM as an outside supplier!! ANY of you guys that are on the fence about buying one GET OFF THE FENCE AND ON THE PHONE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER!!!!!!! I was a bit skeptical and thought that $400.00 Bucks was to much ... I was wrong . When you receive yours you will see. We all dropped 50K on a world class american made(YEAH) supercar and we cry about a 400 Dollar partition being to much. If it were an option from Chevrolet we would not even blink an eye. Buy the partition now before this guy and GM patent it and double the price . It is worth every bit of $400.00

Jackhammer:cheers: :z: :z:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts