Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Z06 a few months ago, and it is quite modified. I have a magnuson i/c s/c, intake, tb, LT, x pipe, and custom cat back, no cats, b&m ripper, brembo brakes, and so on. This is my question, I live in houston texas where it is hot, all the time. The car temp is usually around 200-207 but when i'm sitting it get in the 220 range. I believe the stock thermostat is on the car and i'm needing to know what thermostat to go with, 160, 180, 172... also what needs to be done with the computer to install the thermo, and how can I do this. Also, inside and outside, the car is really loud, i'm 23 and like loud cars, but I can't talk in my car or hear the raido, i was wondering what partition is best to go with and does it cut out a lot of the noies. As for a the cooling system goes I would like to do the thermo, but what other options should I look at? It's ok now but when it gets to around 105 here i think that car is going to run too hot.

Thanks for the help.
Daren

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
IMO go with the 160 and have you fans adjusted to come on sooner :z:

Stock Thermostat:
fan 1 on/off at : 209 / 200
fan 2 on/off at: 219/210

for 180 deg stat:
fan 1 on/off at: 194 / 185
fan 2 on/off at: 204 / 195

for 160 deg stat:
fan 1 on/off at: 184 / 175
fan 2 on/off at: 194 / 185

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm very hard pressed to believe that someone would have a blower installed, along with all of the little goodies you mentioned and leave the stock tstat..

I would go with a 160 tstat.

Mark

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, that's what I wanted to know. Do you know what I have to do to program the fans to come on sooner. I do not have a programmer, and If I have to get one which one should I get.

Thanks,
Daren

1 - 5 of 5 Posts