Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Borlas and a Halltec, otherwise a stock 99 FRC...327 rwhp and 330 rwtq. Im pleased with that , so whats the next 25-50 Hp gain for me to consider ?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
LS6 heads and LG longtube headers wll get you 50 RWHP+ :cheers:

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
I have a 2000 FRC and have whatever my SIG says I do. (I can't remember) But that is with Supermax Headers, B & B Bullets and a Vortex Rammer. No tune.

My next route, is questionable because I don't have the digits like some o fthese guys on the forum so I hav eto take it in stages. But, what stages first? Hmmmm.

Right now, I am leaning towards AFR 205 heads with a G5X3 cam. The aggressive sound sounds awesome. Not as fast as a supercharger or turbo, but then again, you don't get that race car sound with them either. Do a search for G5X3 on this forum and it will lead you to some videos. Oh, couple dwith the Heads/Cam option, I am going 4:10 gears. Problem with that is, if you choose to go Supercharger or Turbo later on, you have to swap out the CAM for another cam with blower specs. Not sure what that means, but something with not "matching up" right. So, its always best from what i learned, to find out your end result. Supercharger yeilds bigger numbers. But too high of boost wll fry your internals needing to go forged. So, ask youself....Do you wish for Supercharging or Turbo, or Naturally Aspirated. Both can empty your wallet rather fast. But, a bullet proof engine (forged) is best prior to Supercharginng or Turbo unless you keep it at low boost. But when you have it at 5 or 6 psi, you may want more. From reading these threads, EVERYONE wants MORE!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Good Numbers!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
:jammin: Good numbers! My '99 has 338 RWH and 348 RWT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts