Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got another e-mail from Alan. We are in :yeadog:

Hello Everyone,

We were able to secure another date for a private dragway rental. It will be on May 13, 2005. If you missed the previous events, make your plans early so you can sign up right away.

Avoid the long lines at this private event. Only 80 participants will be allowed, and no run groups, so everyone will have plenty of chances to make as many passes as possible.

Please visit the website for details: www.alternativemotoring.com

Take care, and drive safe.

Alternative Motoring

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just signed up and looking forward to May 13th. It should be fun with 80 cars or less.

How many have already signed up? Any estimates on how many will attend? Thanks

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alan doesn't have a drivers list up yet, I'm sure he will have one up in a couple of days. But I have attended the last 3 events with between 90-100 cars and there hasn't been more then 10 min. wait. It gets even less as the night goes on. We already have plans to go to Vegas next weekend for the WCCC or we would be also going to the 4th one also.

The last event I think we put 19 passes on the car and could have done more if we wanted.

Stop by and say

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Kat, I just signed up...Good luck in Lost Wages...

Greg

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys :cheers:

I agree Vegas is a good track just wish wasn't at such high altitude :(

It's all good though as I have a sitter and we are going to celebrate our Anniversary a couple days early. It will be 7 years that McRat has put up with me :eek:o: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Only seven, I thought you two were joined at the hip...Did you meet at a race track? It's lucky you two have racing in common...

Greg

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Greg Irvine said:
Only seven, I thought you two were joined at the hip...Did you meet at a race track? It's lucky you two have racing in common...

Greg
No, we met on the Internet :eek:o:

Pat actually had to talk me into taking the Camaro down the track at Carlsbad. One day I got a sitter and went to the track with him for some quality time. He would make and a pass and come around and ask me if I wanted to make a pass. I kept telling him no about 5 times. Then finally I told him I would make one pass to shut him the heck up :yeadog: I sucked bad :cry: Little did I know that I would become addicted.. Pat was 2 seconds seconds quicker then I was in the Camaro. Now 4 years and about 400 passes he is .05 quicker :thumb: But I have to admit the last couple of months he has no seat time in the car he has made maybe 5 passes. He has been letting me race it and he has been racing Big Blue.

As a matter of fact he just called and he placed first in the Diesel Drag series today at LACR & he set a new best of 13.5 :jammin:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone have an accurate count of cars signed up?
Last I heard there were only seven. I hope it's not cancelled due to numbers.

Thanks, already signed up...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Cute story Kathy...That is one fast diesel...

Greg

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Greg... He is at or heading to LACR as I type. It took him 2 hours on the 15 from 6th in Norco to the 210 : :puke: He trying to go 13.99 off the baby bottle tonight:eek:

Hmm I wonder if the smack talking SRT 10 will show :roll:

Well it looks like there is 55 cars now :yeadog:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is everybody getting excited about the upcoming event?

I'm looking forward to seeing all the cars and running on a track that isn't too crowded for a change.

Let's hope the rain stays away.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CAracer said:
Is everybody getting excited about the upcoming event?

I'm looking forward to seeing all the cars and running on a track that isn't too crowded for a change.

Let's hope the rain stays away.
Well since I made two TnT passes in Big Blue today at LACR. I can't wait for Friday to get back in the Meanie :thumb: Even though McRat did great and ran 13.38 :eek:

Looks like the weather is going to behave. It actually might be to warm :crazy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts