Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my early Xmas present... NO Ticket. Thank You Officer!

I was coming home from picking up take out Xmas eve afternoon with my son when I met a very cool Police Officer.

Local traffic patterns have really changed in my area since Sept 11th due to the proximity of Ft. Meade and the National Security Agency. I was merging onto Rt 32 East in front of Ft. Meade's main gate where the new merge lane ends after about 4 car lengths. Since the light had just turned and oncoming traffic was really heavy I punched it and moved out smartly to get ahead of and avoid all the traffic.

I hadn't noticed an umarked cruiser waiting at the light but he sure noticed me and it wasn't long before I saw him in my rear view mirror with lights flashing. :eek: By that time I had slowed down considerably but was still about 15 mph over the posted speed.

I pulled off t othe side of the road and got my papers and a pen ready to sign my "timing slip". But the officer came up and told me I didn't need any of that. He just asked me to pay more attention and make sure if I was going "stretch out my cars legs, not to do it in front of an officer so as not to embarrass us both."

Very cool guy! :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Wow man sounds like the way "normal" cops are. I wish I could find some around my parts!

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Your'e lucky! Not many red vettes drive away from blue lights dry eyed.:cry:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
BLUE LIGHTS!!??

In Kalifornia, they all use RED Lights to pull you over.

Never saw any Blue Lights before. I wonder how many states use Blue!?

Also, any other colors used any place else??

01ZEE06,
Barrie

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
That is :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Kevin,

You must be living right! Sounds like you just had a very cool cop. :)

Mark

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Kevin, Boy you had better count your blessings :) Around here there not usually that nice ! Here in NC the police use blue lights and the emergency vehicles use red ! I guee that's so you'll know the difference !

Great luck :D

Rob :cheers:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Some cops are regular guys and some are not. Looks like you found a good one, or shall I say, he FOUND YOU! Glad it ended on a happy note. :p Bill :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts