Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've read through the closed thread regarding the National Z06 Registry. Here is another one... or is it the same one? That purports to be associated with the NCM. I tried to verify this with the NCM in BG however Wendall Strode had already gone for the weekend and no one else could verify the information. Does anyone else know anything about this?

Anyway here is the POC information from the membership form.
NATIONAL Z06 REGISTRY
Post Office Box 13631, Scottsdale, Arizona 85267-3631
Voice: 480-315-8001 Fax: 480-315-8004 Email: [email protected]
Jeff Thomas – Founder/National Director

Here is the information regarding the first event:

The 1st Annual National Z06 Registry FALL Season Weekend at the Museum
October 26th, 27th and 28th, 2001

Thursday evening, October 25th - Early-bird Arrival Barbeque at Wendall Strode’s Plantation from 5:00 to 7:00 PM, catered by local barbeque caterer, pay as you eat and drink

Friday, October 26th – 9:00 AM - Gathering at the Museum for a morning Fall colors road tour around Bowling Green, with stops at local sights of interest, leaving at 9:00 AM for 2 to 3 hours
9:00 AM – Morning Assembly Plant tour and picture taking visit to Front sign at Plant
11:00 AM to 12:00 PM – (weather permitting) Outside lunch picnic catered by local caterer at Museum front lawn, pay as you eat and drink, then tour the Museum to see the new featured Corvettes
1:00 PM - Afternoon Fall colors road tour around Bowling Green, with stops at local sights of interest,
1:00 PM – Afternoon Assembly Plant tour and picture taking visit to Front sign at Plant
3:00 PM or when Assembly Plant employees let out of Plant – National Z06 Registry Parade of Appreciation, lining up all Z06 Corvettes on front access road to Plant, waving to Plant employees as they exit parking areas. (If we can get small Z06 plastic badges, we’ll pass them out to employees)
5:00 to 8:00 PM – Local Restaurant / Nightclub Cold Beverage and Dinner Members party

Saturday, October 27th – Z06 Corvette Race Day at Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green
8:00 AM to 2:00 PM or so – Autocross challenge, bracketing by model year, stock or modified, street or race tires, with a last run for King of the Hill, cost is $15.00 per driver, bring an approved helmet
2:00 to 3:00 PM – Lunch catered by local caterer, pay as you eat, no alcohol beverages at the track
3:00 PM to last race – Drag racing, 16 or 32 racers, bracketed by qualifying like in NHRA racing, with last race for King of the Strip, cost is $15.00 per driver, and bring your approved helmet
All Day at the Track – John Lingenfelter Performance Engineering Z06 Horsepower Clinics, showing his latest 427 c.i. engine and twin-turbo technology, demonstrating proper drag race starting line sequence, giving guest drives in some of his rocket ships

Sunday, October 28th – Z06 Corvette Day at the National Corvette Museum
9:00 AM to 10:00 AM – Pancake breakfast sponsored by local Kiwanis Club, Rotary Club, or other civic club to benefit their local charity under the tent at the front lawn, pay as you eat and drink
10:00 AM to 5:00 PM – Inside Museum - seminars, clinics, discussions, new product demonstrations, etc. by Assembly Plant staff, Corvette vendors and part suppliers, or members of Corvette Team or Museum staff.
10:00 AM to 3:00 PM – Best of Fall Weekend Z06 Show, best custom paint, best custom interior, best custom engine, best clean exterior, best clean interior, best wheels/tires, best vanity license plate, longest drive award, best whatever we can create award – with all staff of Museum as Judges.
2:00 PM – Local Kiwanis Club, Rotary Club or other civic club sponsoring Cheeseburger / Hot Dog fry outside in the front lawn to benefit their charities, pay as you eat and drink
3:00 PM – Awards Ceremony and Auction with Members Meeting inside the Chevrolet Theater
4:00 PM – Laying first big National Z06 Registry event brick out front and conclusion of 1st Annual National Z06 Registry Fall Weekend at the National Corvette Museum
As a member of the National Z06 Registry, you are also a member of the National Corvette Museum, so please support our first event at the Museum and cool down in the Fall

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
We have word that this event schedule was not approved by the NCM and that they were pre-printed and the event was denied.

Of course, this has not been confirmed, maybe Adam can shed some light.....

JC

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
JC, since my wife and i were recently guests of the Strodes, I would have no problem calling him and asking him about this.

Lemme No...

·
Registered
0 Posts
N4C5S said:
We have word that this event schedule was not approved by the NCM and that they were pre-printed and the event was denied.
The word I get was that they were denied by the NCM. So why is he still advertising it?? :-?

Send him $100!! :roll: Well, we have been approved for a meet by the NCM and we are FREE!!

Where's his website?? Does he have a forum??

No doubt he is throwing a lot of $$$ into this, but can you buy membership?? :-?

I have a good idea, send me $100 and I will buy all the beer at our meet...plus a new EB Z06!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
0 Posts
I wish the guy luck, maybe he is sincere. :) But, he shouldn't use our hard work for a springboard for his endeavors. He should work for it just as we have. Not a flame. If he wants to join us, he is more than welcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts