1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can I interject an unpopular opinion here?

Don't any of you guys think it's pathetic that the Viper *dominated* every performance category (except braking) and came in 3rd in a *performance* car test?

They even scored the Viper behind the Z06 in the performance category, even though it was faster to 60, faster in the 1/4, faster around a track, faster through the slalom and had the fastest lap. The only area it came up short in was braking. They also tested the 2000 Viper (which doesn't have ABS) against the '01 Z06, and obviously they gave the braking category enough weight to give the Vette 1st place, even though it smoked the Vette and Cobra in every other test besides that one.

And on top of all that, they used CUPHOLDERS as a category! And they ranked the Viper 2nd to the Vette in "suspension" even though it beat the Corvette in every single handling test. They also used "cargo size" and "ease of entry" as categories. Who cares! These are *sports* cars!

They forgot some important categories... including:
-Towing capacity
-Snow handling
-Plow mounting ability
-Gas mileage
-Off road capability
-Environmental friendliness

These are all equally as important as *cupholders* when buying a sports car. They are certainly as important as "ease of entry/exit" and "cargo capacity"

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Mr. Viper, talk to Edmunds, their test, their results. Welcome to the Z06 Forum. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I really like the Viper, but 3 of my very good friends that all have GTS's really hate their cars and have had a lot of problems with them, if I can pick one up at a fire sale price I will be driving one around while Caravaggio chops the roof off my Z06. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
10 Posts
nice Vids!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts