Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
711 Posts
Nice article but I think they have a couple things incorrect.

"And that’s only part of the story. When the Z06 goes on sale in late fall, it’ll cost just $65,800. That’s $87,505 less than a Ford GT, $44,570 cheaper than a Porsche 911 Turbo S. Yet it’ll run rings around both of them."

I don't think it will run rings around these cars especially the GT

"The keen-eyed will spot the large nostril at the leading edge of the hood that channels big gobs of air to the engine."

We know that not to be true, as has been discussed many times before

I guess if it's not about NASCAR it doesn't matter much. :sneaky:

Kingpin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
I want one so bad... I want one so bad i so want one bad i bad wnat so one so bad want one one want so bad I!!!! :ity:


One crazy beast...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,014 Posts
KINGPIN said:
Nice article but I think they have a couple things incorrect.

"And that’s only part of the story. When the Z06 goes on sale in late fall, it’ll cost just $65,800. That’s $87,505 less than a Ford GT, $44,570 cheaper than a Porsche 911 Turbo S. Yet it’ll run rings around both of them."

I don't think it will run rings around these cars especially the GT

"The keen-eyed will spot the large nostril at the leading edge of the hood that channels big gobs of air to the engine."

We know that not to be true, as has been discussed many times before

I guess if it's not about NASCAR it doesn't matter much. :sneaky:

Kingpin
It wont run rings around the GT, but will the Turbo S.. :jammin:

As far as the hood scoop, i think it was cleared that it was functional
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
711 Posts
Zlicious said:
It wont run rings around the GT, but will the Turbo S.. :jammin:

As far as the hood scoop, i think it was cleared that it was functional
I agree about the P-car and from what I have read about the GT they will be neck and neck.

The way that they make it sound about the hood scoop though is as if it is a ram air effect which it isn't. We have been told it is just to help bring cooler air in the engine compartment.

Kingpin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
KINGPIN said:
The hood scoop though is as if it is a ram air effect which it isn't. We have been told it is just to help bring cooler air in the engine compartment.
Kingpin
Correct, just some fresh air in the engine compartment.
:mug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
Name one other car that ducts air into the engine compartment that is routed directly to a radiator/oilcooler/intercooler or the engine's air intake?

A styling gimic that has a few pin holes in a plastic grill to make it 'functional'.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
DavidNJ said:
Name one other car that ducts air into the engine compartment that is routed directly to a radiator/oilcooler/intercooler or the engine's air intake?

A styling gimic that has a few pin holes in a plastic grill to make it 'functional'.
And your point is?......All car manufacturers spend millions every year on styling......It looks good and differentiates the car.....the car still kicks major butt!!....looks better in person...
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top