Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done away with the fixed mast and installed a power antenna?

If so, how difficult was the installation?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
If you're going to order the OEM parts, please check with our newest forum sponsor, Fairway Chevrolet, who will give you a MONSTER DISCOUNT on OEM parts! Check 'em out !

Let us know how the install goes :)

Vince

·
Premium Member
20,626 Posts
I'm switching to the 8" antenna and using the original to do some fishing with...:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I'm sure our forum supporters, corvetteseller and fairway chevrolet will help get you your OEM parts :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Just finished putting one on mine. Not too difficult.
You also need 2 bolts to mount the antenna to the bracket and 3 pieces of wire, each 12" long to do the wiring.
The bolts are $4 each. Probably get them for .50 at a hardware store.
Allow more than 1 hour.
Dave

·
Registered
778 Posts
I didn't completelydo away with the fixed mast, but I did go with the "Shorty" mast from Jake Delaney (Corvette Concepts). I'll try to get a photo up soon. Had three different chicks say it looks "Sexy". Sounds like a good reason to make the change:sneaky: :sneaky: :yeadog:

Joe:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
I like the idea of a power antenna... but would like it to only raise when on radio. Is there a way to wire it in to do that? I noticed that the article "got around" that by putting in an override switch that kept it from raising... but this is not an elegant solution.

Maybe I will have to change out the head unit to get an antenna power lead that works.

How does the power antenna on the coupe/vert that came with it work? always raise when the unit is on?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts