Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finaly got my 04 on the dyno for a tune (thank you FRC Tom). I have recently installed LG longtubes with x pipe back to the stock ti, (sounds awsome), and FRC Tom's air intake system. I was definately in need of a tune. There was apparently about a dozen of us scheduled for the dyno that day. Seeing as how my car just hit 5500 miles, I was quite happy with how it ran. Working off of memory here, (my sheet is at work) 381.0hp and 367.4tq. It really was a neat day seeing all those vette's stretching their legs while strapped down. One of the most impressive was a Z without forced induction run 511hp. Now that thing sounded badass.

Overall it was very nice to finally put names and faces together. Greg had a BBQ grill with burgers and dogs and a cooler full of cold drinks. Everything ran smooth and met a bunch of great people. I just wish my memory was in better shape cause all I can seem to remember is Greg and FRC Tom. Both of those guys seemed very knowlegeable and willing to help out in any way they can. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Roadster,

It was a great day, Tom and Greg did a great job. It was fun helping out. Glad you had a good time. Greg's new shop is going to be THE place to have work on your Z performed. And, with the only inground dyno in the greater Tampa area, the ability to test and tune the car is a great advantage.

Everyone that was at the event, check in here, let us know your thoughts on the day.

Mark

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anti Venom

I saw that there was going to be a dyno day there on Sunday, but I couldnt wait, and I went down there and met Greg, and got a complete tune.

Greg knows his shit! A true Vette guy!!

The dyno worked great, and I got great results form the tune,
It was 345rwhp before, then 365 after the tune.

2002 Z, bb bulllets,

Good job Greg!!!! :thumb:

See you again real soon!

KillerZ

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark, I wish we could all get together every couple of months or so. Maybe have a bi-monthly BBQ or something. Just a thought.

Craig

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey Roadster...
You left before I got my M/Y on the dyno..396rwhp..366tq.
It was fun..Talked to Greg..head and cam on the horizon..I agree we should try setting up a future meet. :cheers:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FULL MOON
Good run at 396hp.

That's it...I'm callin Greg....I need 397hp. :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
There is some talk floating around of trying to do something over at the Hooters at Adamo and Faulkenburg.

Let's see what we can set up...

Tony, I did not get there til noon (flew back in from Ohio that morning, went straight from the airport), but there was upwards of 25 cars there at one point.

Mark

·
Registered
230 Posts
Really sorry I missed this. My allergies were driving me crazy. Sounds like everyone had a good time and the weather was very nice. Just too much pollen for me, especially since I'm coming over from Orlando.

Just got my baby some forged pistons and rods for the SC. With a new tune she is now hitting 607 RWHP and 507 RWTQ through the completely stock exhaust system (Andy's FMIC Procharger kit at 10 lb.). The best part is she is quiet enough that the wives won't care. Of course my wife races cars and motorcycles so she would like a little more good noises.

Post up when y'all plan things over there and I'm sure I'll make it over when I can.

Later .. .Larry S.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts