Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found a car in Fl. looking 2 have it shipped 2 me here in tx. just checking 2 c if these guys are ne good. got a quote and it was less than expected, so that was a plus. thanks all.........also, could some 1 please run the VIN# on the car that i am interested in VIN # 1G1YY12S845101305 thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ALMOST used them to ship my Grand National to Michigan when I sold it. The guy who bought the car found some web page that rated car carriers (I think it was a consumer digest thing or something) and they were ranked dead last. The DAMN place even gave me a hard time when I tried to get my money back, since I had already arranged to have it shipped with them. They never did give me $200 of my money back. I HIGHLY recommend NEVER using this company. They were EXTREMELY rude and P*SS poor business practices. I ended up using another carrier that the guy wanted to use, with no problems. They were only $150 more, but well worth it just in their business practices, let alone they used a closed carrier vice AAA's open carriers.

Just my STRONG 2 cents worth. But if I can stop just one person from having to deal with those A-holes at AAA, I'll know I did something good in my life.

Derrick

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
First thing, we aren't text messaging here so SPELL OUT what you want!!

Now,
I had my 96 shipped out here from Illinois with that company.
Their prices are on the low side but they picked up on the appointed day and time and delivered in a two day window!
They have a sheet where the pickup driver notes all exterior nicks, chips, scrapes etc.
I kept my copy for the delivery and they showed a scratch on the drivers B pillar. It was a 1/4" scratch in the clearcoat from something I had in my hand while opening the door. It got the car here and there was a 4" running scratch down to the primer across the pillar! The B pillar is right behind the door so I had to look at this everytime I got in the car!
I put in a claim and they wouldn't go for it!

Point!!
When they make a notation on their trip sheet, take a pic and have the driver number the sheet 'pic'!!
Now you have more than your visual memory.
MAKE the seller do this and send you the pics as part of the deal!!

Good Luck
Ken

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Florida to Texas? Just drive it. I bought mine in Texas, and looked into shipping it. Instead, I flew out and drove it home. I got to see the car before taking delivery, and it was a blast. Depending on where in Florida and Texas, it should be a 1 - 2 day drive.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I agree. I have drove the Florida to Texas route (Melbourne to Austin in my case) 4 times over a 5 week period, once in my Z06. It's not a bad drive at all. At most it's a one night stay on the road.

If you have frequent flyer miles, you can fly for free. The cost of the fuel and one night hotel will be much less than the transport. Besides, you can check out the car before signing the sales ticket. It's also a nice way to get to know your new car.

Don

3Pedal_Z06 said:
Florida to Texas? Just drive it. I bought mine in Texas, and looked into shipping it. Instead, I flew out and drove it home. I got to see the car before taking delivery, and it was a blast. Depending on where in Florida and Texas, it should be a 1 - 2 day drive.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats true guys, i just didnt want 2 put the xtra mileage on the car or the possibility of damaging the car i.e rock chips on the paint or windows. it is a thought though/ thanks guys. can u guys check the carfax for me.........please?!?!?. thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts