Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in New Jersey and it bothers me so much, I hardly ever see Z06's on the road, since it came out I have only seen 2 a black one which I nearly died over on Rt 80 East about a year ago and a white one In Edgewater about a month and half ago....Where are all the New Jersey Z06 owners???
Also has anyone purchased a Vette from Malcolm Chevrolet in Paramus, just wondering how they are, because one time I was there just looking at the cars and the guy was real cool to me and telling me about Vettes for over an hour even though he knew I wasn't there to buy

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am on the complete opposite side, I am 5 minutes from the George Washington bridge to go to New York.....

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Vetteless, do you mean Malcolm Konner Chev on route 17 in Parumus? I purchasd my 1st new Vette from that dealership in 1978 at age 22. They were a Corvette high performance oriented dealership. Greg Allman, from The Allman Brothers Band was picking up his Indy Pace model at the same time I picked up my Red/saddle t top. He was LOADED [slurring etc]! I heard the Konner family sold the dealership to a MEGA operation. Good luck, FUBU69/LES

Corsa Indy's/Pro Tips, Corsa X Pipe, Vortex/Carbon Fiber Power Duct, Z06 Wet Okles Mod Red Seat Covers, Z06 Extra Wide Rolled Exhaust Plate, Red/Clear Euro Lenses, CM Factory OEM Chrome Wheels, BPP Rear Lowering Kit, FRC/Z06 Partition ,Design Specialties Chrome & Decals, STILL EVOLVING! On Order, '02 EB Z06 TPW 7/30 Order # DKMKC7 KEEPING BOTH, I HOPE!

J

·
0 Posts
I'd pass on Malcom Konner Chevy...which is now called the Paramus Auto Mall..Owned also by Hawthorne Chevy..
they do nice service work but even with the high volume they do..they don't really deal on price.

Service yes...low prices not really..

I bought my 99 over the phone from Husted who I felt did a nice job.

Theres a black ZO6 I pass every day in Old Tappan..its very sharp!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got my Z from the auto mall. They were ok, didn't really budge, but it worked out pretty good. And yes, their service is great! Well, I hope this helps /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
65 Posts
Go to Englishtown for the Corvette Challenge and you will see all the Jersey Z06's you can stand. Must have been 40 of them @ the July 28th Show and Go! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it is now called Paramus auto mall and as for the show and go thing, I was planning on going to that but it was brother's birthday so I was in Rhode Island.....Damn family members /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Also do you guys know of some kind of directory where I can see when certain shows are?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Vetteless,

I live in the southern part of the state (Cherry Hill area), but I drive the length of the Turnpike and the Parkway almost daily (part of my job). It is odd that I see many more Z06's in South Jersy -- go figure.

Peace,

Joey

·
Registered
73 Posts
Vetteless,

I live in the southern part of the state (Cherry Hill area), but I drive the length of the Turnpike and the Parkway almost daily (part of my job). It is odd that I see many more Z06's in South Jersy -- go figure.

Peace,

Joey

·
Registered
115 Posts
Vetteless,

I am from the Morristown area and besides mine I have only seen a red Z in East Hanover. I bought mine from the auto mall and the salesman was nothing special. I waited a month for mine and he told me that my Z would be the last Z they get this year. I beleived him and bought the car. When I went for service last month they had four in the show room. Oh well, I am still glad I bought it.

Now that I have the NJ driver's attention. I was wondering if anyone knows of a track I can take my Z onto in the area? Not a drag strip like Englishtown but a circle or some sort of circuit track that I can pay to use for a couple of laps. I am dying to open this car up with out the threat of loosing my license, like I have been doing. Thanks.

see ya,
George

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm in the lower Hudson Valley, the only Two Zs I ever see are the pair of brand new 01s my dealer has had ever since they published the specs on the 2002. Offered me "quite the deal" to change my mind about the 2002. Hmmmmmmmm let me think........NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Vetteless,

I live in Northern Bergen County and can count the number of Z06's I have seen on one hand, and I'm on the road all day. Let me tell you, I wouldn't deal with Paramus Auto Mall because they refuse to "deal". I would have bought a 2001 MY in early June from them but they wanted full MSRP. I waited, and went to the dealer I got my Tahoe and Suburban from and got a great deal on 2002's. Paramus kept calling and when I told them when I ordered the 2002 (not from whom)....they told me I'd better wake up because I wouldn't see it until 2002. Well, I should have my EB the first week of September...so much for what they know. If you are really interested in getting one send me a private message and I'll tell you about the great "family owned" dealership where I got mine.

Good luck,

CD

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man I hope I see you around, where in Northern Bergen County...I am from Cliffside Park (Its next to Fort Lee) and do most of my traveling on Rt 80 and Rt 17....I am so excited to see the new electron blue

·
Registered
151 Posts
Z06George
Lime Rock Park is only 130 miles from NYC, and with the fall coming up, many of the car clubs will be having Timetrials there on a weekly basis. Check SCCA.com for local clubs that have dates at the track. (usualy about $150 for the day, practice + 6 runs) /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you want to see vettes hang out at point pleasant beach south jersey...you can also stop by englishtown on wednsday nights lot of guys take their vettes for 1/4 mile runs. you can even stop by and see me in old bridge i love my z06 silver with mod red. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

J

·
0 Posts
ZO6 George,

PDA also runs at Pocono..thats about an hour away from you probably..(depending where in NJ you are)

They run the drivers schools both there and at Lime rock..
The Performance Drivers Association is open to all automotive enthusiasts and performance car drivers. PDA has been conducting performance driving schools in the Northeast since 1973. The membershipis made up of drivers of all levels of experience owning a wide variethy of vehicles. They improve their driving skilsl by participating in the schools under the guidance of PDA instructors. Stuedents are taught car control , braking techniques and the proper line to drive through the corners.

The sponsor is International Motorsports Products in Clifton NJ..These guys are excellent.

Any ways..Non members pay 200 dollars a day at events.

The next event is August 11 and/or 12th "pocono long course..2.5 mile"

Call 973 773-4800 or 201 529-3100. Check it out..go for one day..Its a blast and they seperate the classes so you would be with students of the same skill level.

http://www.imp-auto.com or PDAdrivingschool.com

The Sept 8 date is at limerock..

The oct. 13 and 14 at Pocono Raceway..

and the last one is at Lime Rock on Nov. 12.th..

If you enjoy it..The membership fee is 35 dollars and then you save ~ 25 per event day.

If you wanted to go this weekend..bring call them..then probably pay cash on site..

First time out..I'd suggest one day..

If your in Northern NJ and don't have a SA95 helmet for the course..shoot me an email and I can let you borrow mine..

Usually if you pay in advance they have a small discount as well but if you want to go this weekend..you'll need to act fast.

Also NASA runs some totally outrageous hill climb events thats where you race up a mountain road alone..for best time..I havent' done that but I bet its a blast..

Secaucus runs highspeed autox with Porsche and BMW clubs..also Porsche driving school to learn the limit of your vette is fun too..

As long as you love cars..these guys are cool.

http://www.autox4U.com

J

·
0 Posts
Helmet..long sleeve shirts..and open spot..Give it a shot..Call Imp..or PDA..

Joe runs IMP..nice guy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Vetteless,

I live in Mahwah...spend most of my time on Route 17 north of Route 4. I heard Paramus Auto Mall has a EB in, but the source has dubious reliability. I'll make a call and check tomorrow. Personally, I think I want to wait and let mine be the first I see in about 3 weeks.

CD

J

·
0 Posts
Paramus Auto Mall just delivered their first QS 2002 ZO6..car is hot..the guy has already thrown on chromes and baer rotors..

He's talking he wants 2500 for the rotors and the rims..

Anyone interested?

Also...his original 2001 zo6 is at Paramus automall from what I heard from him 4000 off list..he decided to take the first 2002 ZO6...

I don't know why but he sure was proud of that fact..

Awesome car..QS with modified red/black interior..with rims and brakes...

The car was stunning..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts