·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dynatech Headers with high flow cats
Corsa Touring exhaust
vortex air system
and 02 MAF

i got all these parts ready to go on the car sometime next week does any one have this setup and how much HP/TQ will this setup get me on the wheels? and should i do a tune?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
First off, get a base line (pre-modifications) dyno run and use the same dyno when doing your testing. Dynos vary from type to type and installation to installtion. Dyno results are effectively bogus if you do not use the same dyno for a base line run as you do for post modifications.

I would suggest getting a tune at the same time you add the mods or at least some time in the near future after doing the mods.

The Corsa's Touring system is not going to give you anything in terms hp improvement, probably lose power compared to the stock Ti exhaust and they are heavier than the Ti system too. The Corsa Ti system would give you increase power. The Borla Stinger and B&B Bullets may also yield 5 to 10 rwhp over the stock system and without gaining weight.

Long tubes on an 01 since you are removing pre-cats can get you around 25 rwhp depending on the type of long tubes you use.

The Rammer on a an 01, since it has a much smaller hole than the 02 - 04s, can get you around 12 to 15 rwhp gain over the stock box. The MAF sensor gain is negligiable at best.

Baseline, depending on the dyno, will probably be between 330 & 340 rwhp.

Depending on the dyno, you may be somewhere between 355 & 365 rwhp with out the tune. A good tune by some one that knows what they are doing can get you around 15 to 20 rwhp on a bolt-on only car.

MrKool said:
Corsa Touring exhaust
vortex air system
and 02 MAF

i got all these parts ready to go on the car sometime next week does any one have this setup and how much HP/TQ will this setup get me on the wheels? and should i do a tune?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
2001Z06 said:
First off, get a base line (pre-modifications) dyno run and use the same dyno when doing your testing. Dynos vary from type to type and installation to installtion. Dyno results are effectively bogus if you do not use the same dyno for a base line run as you do for post modifications.

I would suggest getting a tune at the same time you add the mods or at least some time in the near future after doing the mods.

The Corsa's Touring system is not going to give you anything in terms hp improvement, probably lose power compared to the stock Ti exhaust and they are heavier than the Ti system too. The Corsa Ti system would give you increase power. The Borla Stinger and B&B Bullets may also yield 5 to 10 rwhp over the stock system and without gaining weight.

Long tubes on an 01 since you are removing pre-cats can get you around 25 rwhp depending on the type of long tubes you use.

The Rammer on a an 01, since it has a much smaller hole than the 02 - 04s, can get you around 12 to 15 rwhp gain over the stock box. The MAF sensor gain is negligiable at best.

Baseline, depending on the dyno, will probably be between 330 & 340 rwhp.

Depending on the dyno, you may be somewhere between 355 & 365 rwhp with out the tune. A good tune by some one that knows what they are doing can get you around 15 to 20 rwhp on a bolt-on only car.
nice thanks for a very well written reply. I didn't expect any horsepower out the corsa any way i just got it for the looks :) i just love those GTR tips :jammin:

well i have done the zip tie mod on the car for about 2-3 years now so i am not that restricted there. Also my MAF has the screen on it that i will be changing with the no screen one from a 02 so more air will pass through.

but do you think i will still be around 360? Even though the new 03-04 that don't have much change except the air box and 2 fewer cats are getting around 360 without any mods?

ohh and how much are you getting on your wheels?

·
Registered
971 Posts
MrKool said:
Corsa Touring exhaust
vortex air system
and 02 MAF

Dynatech/Kooks/LG all good.
Exhaust, looks only unless you do Corsa Titanium race or Borla XR.
Vortex, go to Haltech. Much better.
Keep your Maf, the screen on the 01 Maf actually straigtens the air.

Tune is always good.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well vortex was free :) and so is the 02 MAF ? but that is the first time i heard that i should keep the 01 MAF u sure about this?

·
Registered
573 Posts
my set up is vararam LG's random cats X pipe stingers 4:10's and HP tuning..i would do a tune as quick as u can.before my tune my air fuel chart was all over the place.it made such a difference.. :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
The screen in the 01 MAF will actually reduce turbulance over the sensors and may allow it to read more accurately. I doubt you'll gain anything by switching.

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
MrKool said:
well vortex was free :) and so is the 02 MAF ? but that is the first time i heard that i should keep the 01 MAF u sure about this?
I have run a 02 MAF sensor(used to be MikeZ06's) in my car for about a year. There was no increase in power. However now I have a spare in the form of my 01 MAF. The common sense fact is that there is less resistance to airflow without the scren that having the 01 screen in there. If they discontinued it in 02-04, Chevy must have thought it was a good thing.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
panzer said:
I have run a 02 MAF sensor(used to be MikeZ06's) in my car for about a year. There was no increase in power. However now I have a spare in the form of my 01 MAF. The common sense fact is that there is less resistance to airflow without the scren that having the 01 screen in there. If they discontinued it in 02-04, Chevy must have thought it was a good thing.

ed did you dyno your car before and after?

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
I only dynoed my car once after I had dont the headers, stingers, Vortec and MAF. So I did not feel any seat of the pants difference before and aft the MAF. I had a good feeling for my car since I have driven it so many miles. I could feel the difference at each step for the Vortec, then stingers then headers. The last was the MAF and their was nothing I could feel. I would not expect such a minor thing to make a 'big' difference. However everything helps. :D

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
ohh i am sorry i should have been more clear :) what i ment to ask that if you dynoed your car stock and then after everything? and did you do a tune? also do you mind posting your HP/TQ numbers?

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
My major changes were finished spring of 2004. Antivenom tuned it at last years Z06fest. It was definitely stronger after he finished the tune.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so did u ever get it dynoed after the tune? and what does ur g tech say or the HP numbers on that are off?

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Gtech matches the dyno numbers. 407hp at the crank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts