Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some tracks have changed to 1/8 due to insurance etc...I did run a week ago with my upgraded [email protected] single intercooler and belt tensioner......2:20-s 60 ft times no matter how i launched, spun through 1st 2nd and part of third.....But, ran up to 99 mph, which at least showed me the car was making some good hp ...92 out and sunny.....Any other #s for the 1/8 ?? :z:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Try the new mt et street radials. They will make a big difference and you won't need skinnies up front. How was your et? I bet it's hard to control all that hp.

·
Registered
413 Posts
do a lot of 1/8th in Dallas area ... since it is only 1/8 distance launch is very important, 1/8th happens very quick and only 2 shifts...I have seen a lot of FI vettes use 1/8th to test their "street car" ... most of the time with traction limited results similar to yours. ETs commonly low 8s or high 7s but nice mph above 96 and some around 100mph....a convenient 1/8th to 1/4 conversion is ... 1/8th ET X 1.56 = approximate 1/4 ET

For FI cars with traction problems they commonly don't exactly fit above conversion because of how hard they pull in the second half of the 1/4 ... can see 128 mph 1/4 but with low12s or high 11 ET.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts