Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to decide what to order for my lemans blue car. i think the black classics look great on black and silver cars, but i haven't seen any pics of them on a blue car.

the polished ones i've seen on red and blue and look cool.

aargh! decisions, decisions! :-?

·
Registered
17 Posts
ppk1911 said:
trying to decide what to order for my lemans blue car. i think the black classics look great on black and silver cars, but i haven't seen any pics of them on a blue car.

the polished ones i've seen on red and blue and look cool.

aargh! decisions, decisions! :-?
National ASP champ Danny Popp runs black classics on his EB and it looks killer! I just bought a yellow Z06 a couple weeks ago and I ordered the peened center anodized clear classics a few days later. Didn't want yellow with black wheels. Blue looks great though!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks! those look great!

dmtnt, is there a difference between the race and street versions?

·
Registered
270 Posts
ellisnc said:
National ASP champ Danny Popp runs black classics on his EB and it looks killer! I just bought a yellow Z06 a couple weeks ago and I ordered the peened center anodized clear classics a few days later. Didn't want yellow with black wheels. Blue looks great though!

Is it just me or is he running 18s front and 17s rear? Interesting. Must be a tire selection thing.

Dope

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dope said:
Is it just me or is he running 18s front and 17s rear? Interesting. Must be a tire selection thing.

Dope
Looks like it... 17's might be a little easier to get some traction with because of the taller sidewall. You can pretty much get any size Hoosier you want in 18" sizes so I don't see that as being the problem.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
ppk1911 said:
thanks! those look great!

dmtnt, is there a difference between the race and street versions?
Yes, the street version comes with polished center caps and I think they have stainless bolts as well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dmtnt said:
Yes, the street version comes with polished center caps and I think they have stainless bolts as well.
ahh, thanks! your car looks great! from the photo it looks like you have center caps on the fronts and none on the back? i think i like the no-cap look... definitely looks bad azz!

so after seein' these shots, i think i'm gonna come over to the "dark side" and order the black ones without caps! that and a nice drop combined with the huge cam 'otta get the message across :jammin: :z:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
He runs that combo for better turn-in and better traction when power goes down.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wayne, man that looks tough! seeing all these photos sure makes my choice easy, those black CCWs are definitely the no-nonsense, mean-business wheel choice! :jammin: :thumb:

i notice nobody posted any blue Zs with polished CCWs....

·
Banned
809 Posts
Kat has the polished CCW's with the drag tires.

Wayne -- What did you do with your HRE's?

Sal

·
Banned
809 Posts
Dope said:

Dope
:yeadog: Apparently, that's the hot set up in autox. 18's up front to clear big brakes and for better turn in response and 17's out back for more sidewall and better traction out of the corners.

Sal

·
Registered
17 Posts
salvador said:
:yeadog: Apparently, that's the hot set up in autox. 18's up front to clear big brakes and for better turn in response and 17's out back for more sidewall and better traction out of the corners.

Sal
Not in stock class :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts