Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering about the predator, hypertech, jet programmers to see if you actually get any hp gains out of them.

Do they have preset configurations that you can upload to your pcm?
Or, are they all just for changing gear/tires ratios, changing fans to come on @ lower degrees, etc, etc...... I am asking about 6 spd cars of course.

And what about the chips that you used to be able to buy for other cars and just pop into your pcm for added performance.

anyone know?

thanks,
danny+

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
The performance tune built into the Predator raised my HP by 7, and my tq by 6. First run with stock tune, 2nd with Predator, and then back to stock for a double check. If you know what you're doing, (I don't) I'm sure you could use the Predator to make even larger gains with more fine tuning.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting.... thanks exSSer. Anyone else have some experience they can share?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt

·
Registered
229 Posts
the 91 octane gas in california would not allow a performance tune with the hypertech,the engine kept pinging(detonation)all the the octane additives are too expensive even if they worked.just not worth it for a street driven car.you would need a tune shop with a dyno to do it right.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
IMHO mail order tuning is a bit of a crap shoot. Too many variables. The best way to tune is with a qualified tuner using a combination of the dyno and real road conditions, utilizing HP Tuner or LS1Edit software or equiv.

I tried the Hypertech years ago, it failed to do anything for my car (on the dyno) so I sent it back. The Diablo is more versatile, but for tuning I would go with a pro.

Les

Chirodan said:
I was just wondering about the predator, hypertech, jet programmers to see if you actually get any hp gains out of them.

Do they have preset configurations that you can upload to your pcm?
Or, are they all just for changing gear/tires ratios, changing fans to come on @ lower degrees, etc, etc...... I am asking about 6 spd cars of course.

And what about the chips that you used to be able to buy for other cars and just pop into your pcm for added performance.

anyone know?

thanks,
danny+

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok guys,

thanks for the info on this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts