Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an English interpretation of the follow rule in my efforts to reduce weight:

TCS page 7, 2005 GCS page 405:

b. Air Conditioners:

1. The factory and/or aftermarket air conditioning system may be removed, provided that at least the following items associated with the system are also removed: compressor, condenser, H.D. radiator, H.D. springs/sway bars, H.D. shocks, larger tires, engine and transmission coolers and cooling fans. All duct work, wiring, Freon lines, valves, evaporators, dryers, and dash controls may remain. If the air conditioning compressor is and integral part of the drive system, the compressor may be retained and disabled.

What does H.D. stand for? How are the springs/sway bars, shocks, larger tires related to the air conditioner?

If all duct work, wiring, lines, valves, dash controls, etc. may remain, does that not imply that it also could be removed?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
bufman23 said:
I need an English interpretation of the follow rule in my efforts to reduce weight:

TCS page 7, 2005 GCS page 405:

b. Air Conditioners:

1. The factory and/or aftermarket air conditioning system may be removed, provided that at least the following items associated with the system are also removed: compressor, condenser, H.D. radiator, H.D. springs/sway bars, H.D. shocks, larger tires, engine and transmission coolers and cooling fans. All duct work, wiring, Freon lines, valves, evaporators, dryers, and dash controls may remain. If the air conditioning compressor is and integral part of the drive system, the compressor may be retained and disabled.

What does H.D. stand for? How are the springs/sway bars, shocks, larger tires related to the air conditioner?

If all duct work, wiring, lines, valves, dash controls, etc. may remain, does that not imply that it also could be removed?
You can take all that stuff out per the first sentence which says you can remove the AC system. The system is everything. The second sentance is an out if you don't want to go to the extra work of taking apart the dash to get that stuff out of the car. That sentence allows you to leave some of it in. HD stands for Heavy Duty. Some cars have a package that includes AC and an upgraded suspension (like mostly on trucks for towing). The HD part means that if it was part of a package then you have to take the whole package out, not just the AC portion. That does not apply to the Vette for a couple reasons. One, their isn't a package that ties the AC and the suspension together. Two, the C5/z06 is allow a T1 suspension on the tech line for our car. :cheers:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Subdriver, you are a hero. Thanks. :cheers: Does the word "system" encompass the entire HVAC system or do we need to leave the ducts, blowers, main dashboard control module, temperature sensors, etc. because they are used for heating purposes as well?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Does the word "system" encompass the entire HVAC system or do we need to leave the ducts, blowers, main dashboard control module, temperature sensors, etc. because they are used for heating purposes as well?
I believe you have to keep the heater/defrost elements of the system.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
bufman23 said:
Subdriver, you are a hero. Thanks. :cheers: Does the word "system" encompass the entire HVAC system or do we need to leave the ducts, blowers, main dashboard control module, temperature sensors, etc. because they are used for heating purposes as well?
I agree with David. To my knowledge, there is nothing in the rules about heating, meaning you have to leave it in. I know my car's heater and defrost all work, so assume Phoenix left mine intact. :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.