Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of embarrassing (and I hate to admit it), but how many of you have pulled up to a tomb stone (that dasterdly concrete thing at parking lots that's supposed to mark the end of your spot), and you can't quite tell how close you are to it, and then you hear this awful scraping sound. There are these two metal things right by the front air dam. I would expect to hear the front air dam scraping first to give me some warning, but no, I scraped these metal bars(I'm sure someone here knows what these are actually called). Am I the only one bone-headed enough to actually have done this?

So, how do you think my Z06 would look pulling 12.5 quarters, with curb feelers flying in the breeze on the front end? Would the curb feelers add any aerodynamic drag?
(That's a joke...)

------------------

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yea - Curb Feelers. The Hottest new Z06 Mod!!

------------------
QS/Black - Stock Z06
99 Z28
70 LT-1 T-Top
70 Z28 RS
Amish Buggy (1 H.P.)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Welcome C5David!

Yep, my wife hit a parking curb the first time she drive my Z06 and then yesterday, I did he same thing when I stopped at a store.

------------------
Kevin D.
T/R Z06 with mod Red/Black Interior.

[This message has been edited by MiZ06 (edited 02-16-2001).]

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I did that in my 99 coupe. Two more C5's since then and no more curbs. I park as far as I can get away from those suckers.

------------------
Spdwy White Plus ...

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Did you let her drive the car again.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
906 Posts
You know... as wacky as it sounds... some sort of stealth (flat black) "curb feeler-type
gizmo, sticking straight out & parallel with the ground, might be a pretty good solution to this problem. Nothing fancy, and all but invisible to anyone.
Any feedback?

(Hurry up, Monday!!!)

HarleyB

------------------
'73 Silver Roadster -gone
'89 Red Coupe -gone
'01 Quicksilver Z06 -coming (YEEEHAAAA)
'01 SLK320 Silver 6-Speed -Wife's vert/coupe

·
Registered
906 Posts
Sorry... MONDAY THE Z GETS HERE!!!!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
My wife's welcome to drive the Z anytime she wants. The car was bought to be enjoyed. I'd rather stuff like that didn't happen but not at the expense of enjoying the car. Besides, it's only a matter of time until I do something similar (ding a wheel on a curb or something) or someone else does something in a parking lot. She is hesitant to use the car now and that's too bad really. It does leave it for me to use more often though.

------------------

1997 Sebring Silver Coupe For Sale

2001 Quicksilver Z06
Another satisfied Karl Johanson customer

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
And that's a good thing.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
89 Posts
My wife hit one of these hard enough to bend the bar the first time she drove our Z; less than 1,00 miles on the car. Boy did that hurt! I think this was hard enough to rip off Andy's rollers had they been installed.

------------------

1997 Sebring Silver Coupe For Sale

2001 Quicksilver Z06
Another satisfied Karl Johanson customer

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sure wouldn't mind a new DIC display: Milimeters to impact. Wouldn't add much weight - just a sensor under the car showing how close you are to that god awful concrete, metal bruising, embarrssing, appropriately named "tomb stone".

------------------

·
Registered
528 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by C5David:
I sure wouldn't mind a new DIC display: Milimeters to impact. Wouldn't add much weight - just a sensor under the car showing how close you are to that god awful concrete, metal bruising, embarrssing, appropriately named "tomb stone".

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like this idea.

------------------
Mark's Web Site
*** Harrisburg Area Zaino Distributor ***

01 Z06 MY/BLK,Zaino,Lowered,Ripper - No time slips yet
92 RS ProStreet Camaro (454) - Best E.T to date 10.15 @ 136 mph (all throttle no bottle)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Unfortunately, I have scraped mine several times in 2000 miles to my great consternation.
The thing to remember is that you are closer than you think to those suckers. A month ago I parked at one where I did not see in the dark that the steel rebar that stakes it down at one end to the pavement was sticking up several inches. It made a permanent impression on my center flexible spoiler section but luckily was not tall enough to scrape the bottom of the bumper nose. I hooked one of those tombstones via the rebar stake several years ago in my 92 Accord and dragged it out into the parking lot aisle before I could unhook the car!!!

GOLD72

------------------

1 - 17 of 17 Posts