Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured its pretty straight forward I was just seeing if anyone did a write up on installing them or what to look out for when installing them. i will be installing my lgm pro long tubes friday night and was just wondering how high i need to get the car in the air, what to look out for etc etc.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
icedog80 said:
John,
How much did you pay for the headers?
Let me know how the install goes.
1495.00 I got the catless since we do not have inspections here in florida. After reading the install page it seems very simple. I will post back my own opinions of the install this weekend.

·
Registered
229 Posts
in addition to the instructions i had to remove the drivers side spark plugs to fit the headers in on that side, install went really smooth and took about 8 hours ( i took my time)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
illmac77 said:
in addition to the instructions i had to remove the drivers side spark plugs to fit the headers in on that side, install went really smooth and took about 8 hours ( i took my time)
Yeah i plan on changing my plugs at the same time anyway so they were going to come out. Thanks for the heads up. :z:

·
Registered
271 Posts
A friend and myself did them in my driveway along with a new cat-back too. The whole job took us 3 1/2 hours including the cat-back and refeeding the front 02s..

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Tip: when you loosen the starter to get the passenger side header to fit, make sure you tighten it back up before you get the headers all bolted up.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I didnt need to do this with my LG's.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I just did my LG's and I had to loosen the starter and tweak the motor to get the drivers side header to clear. Go figure!! They sound great though.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
BBaxR6 said:
I just did my LG's and I had to loosen the starter and tweak the motor to get the drivers side header to clear. Go figure!! They sound great though.
Did you put the driver side in from the bottom or top? :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts