Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was washing my EB 02 Z06 and opened the hood and saw that under the hood at the top where a rectangle hole is to line up on the body panel metal bracket the fber glass is totally cracked and the fibers white about 2 inches are showning. The passenger side is fine.

I have never slammed the hood and only openned the hood about 5 times to check oil and to show off the beast. Is this MY FAULT:-? or should I take it back to the dealer and hope they can fix it under warrenty?

Your advise is appreciated, I feel sick about this:puke:

God Bless America and all of us.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I found the same thing on the right hand side but is a crack the size of a pencil line also a place where the hood lines up with the pin and looks like it was mis-aligned. I am taking mine to dealer and try to get them to fix it based on the mark on pin alignment hole. :-? :(

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RG in Dallas, The car was delivered 1 month ago and I have 339 miles on her. I have only opened the hood three times since I got the car.

Wish me luck tommorrow as I go back to the dealer.

·
Registered
0 Posts
If it were mine, I would have the hood replaced!! No excuse for what is happening!! I personally have never seen this on any af the 5 C5's I have owned.

·
Registered
298 Posts
fcalmes said:
I personally have never seen this on any af the 5 C5's I have owned.
5 C5s!! Hey Frank, have I told you that I am currently up for adoption? I don't eat much, I'm a really good car detailer, I promise to put gas in the car, and I do not drive fast(Well, occasionaly I do)......... :D :D :D

·
Registered
680 Posts
I agree with Frank :eek: Demand :mad: a new painted hood! Good luck:cheers:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Cracked hood

I found my hood cracked on the underside by the pin hole on the back edge. The dealers tecnician slammed the hood after the first oil change on an empty Modil 1 container.

They offered to fix it under warranty either of 2 ways (my choice)

1. Replace the hood. They could not guarantee an exact match on the paint on a prepainted hood and a body shop painted hood would not be as "hard".

2. Back fill the crack underneath the underside support structure with vette Bond, sand and repaint the under hood.

I elected #2 with the stipulation that if the crack extended #1 would be done whenever. I had the underside back edge painted flat black to reduce glare of the QS when the sun is low and behind me. This bothered me especially when autocrossing. Crack has not extended but is visable if you know where to look. I elected this method because it was quick and outside finish was not involved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts