Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SCCA Double Regional and Endurance on Monday.

I've never been to CMP , but may drive down Friday evening to crew for a Datsun 510 ITC car.

Anybody going?

:)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Got there Thursday night-didn't do test day(weather was great). Practiced, qualified, and raced Saturday. Weather was great until maybe half way thru race and then it started to rain lightly then increased significantly but almost exclusively on the back side of the course! On Sunday practiced, qualified, and on first lap after start on turn 9 the engine stopped--we think it dropped a valve. Was registered for today - a 45 minute race followed by a 2 hr enduro which I missed but the weather was so bad this morning that the tire guys left by 10AM as did some of the drivers. Fortunately,the engine trouble is with my Spec Miata and not the Z06. Think there were 2 Z06's running in T1; there were 5 vettes registered as of 05/22.

CMP(Carolina Motor Parkway) is interesting but the back portion is a PITA at least for something like the SM; might be great for the Vette because of the power and the gearing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts