Discussion Starter #1
Any body got one.

Is it any good?

Joe
2002 Z06 #1 allocation

·
Registered
566 Posts
Check with Adam over at the NCM. Last I heard they were selling some at a discount.

·
Registered
0 Posts
They are selling them for $75 at the museum. When they first came out, they were over $200. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
I see these on ebay all of the time......

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm talking about the Z06 press kit, NOT the 97 Kit for $75.00

Joe

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, I have one. Actually, it is the general 2001 Corvette press kit that you are talking about. It contains the glossy corporate spin on the new 2001 corvettes (including the Z06.) It also includes a group of slides, which almost every car magazine has been using for its reviews.

Is it worth the bucks? If you like to collect the manufacturer literature, then, yes it is. If you are just idly interested, I would pass. You will have read everything in it in magazine form. As a matter of fact, it is quite amusing to see how some of the reviews for the Z06 literally "lift" the text of the press kit right into their review. Makes you wonder about some of these reviewers (and magazines.)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought a Z06 PRESS KIT at the NCM last July. It is a very well done piece (IMHO).
The Media materials include 20 color slides, 8 for Z06, 4 Coupe, 5 Convertible, 1 "C5 family", 1 NCM, and 1 C5-R.....designed for use in consumer magazines etc.

The Kit is presented in a silver 'padded' leatherette 11 1/2" x 10" 3-ring Binder, with a large C5 logo on the front cover. (Mine also has John Cafaro's signature on the front). It contains 46 printed pages of all the data you probably would ever want about the Z06. There are heavy-stock 4-color dividers for each of the 7 sections.

The 7 sections are: '2001 Corvette Overview', 'C5 Basics', 'New for 2001', 'Feature & Specs', 'Historical Background', 'Corvette Racing', and '2001 Photo & Art'.

Comes in a protective white corrugated carton, entitled CORVETTE 2001 (plus C5 logo). I think it's great.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have 2 of them.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Ebay Item #1127447038

J

·
0 Posts
I got one for free from a magazine writer I met at Bloomington last year...it is a neat collectable item..would I pay $150 for one, probably not..would I sell mine for $150?? definitely not...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts