Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In addition to the horror they caused in NYC and Washington, the miserable terrorists tried to steal my NCM delivery. I was scheduled the morning of 9/13 and couldn't get there. Plant tours were cancelled at the end of this week as well. Planned dinner with bashenb family was also scrubbed.

I've rescheduled delivery in the afternoon of 9/19. If you will be in Bowling Green on the evening of 9/18 or 9/19 I'd like to meet over dinner to talk about Corvettes and to plan the counterstrike. jerboa :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hello Jerboa... My girlfriend and I will be flying into Nashville (from Sacramento) Tues 18th at 10:41pm. We have a sedan delivery through Bowling Green Yellow Cab that is taking us from Nashville airport to the Country Hearth hotel which is supposed to be a stones through from the NCM. I have a morning delivery on Wed 19th. I'm hoping the plant tour is back up because I doubt I'd get out there again :/

Let me know what time you are in town, and what your up to. Maybe we can sit down for a lunch? I believe your from the Bay Area... what town exactly? I grew up in Vacaville and just moved up to Chico last year. My cell phone (which will be on the entire time I'm out there and on the road home) is (707) 480-7275. Just look for a 6'5" 295 lb 24 year old guy and a 5'0" 95 lb girl... We stand out for real!!!

Hope to see you there. BTW, what car did you get? I've got a '02 QS/Black Z06 coming to me.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Jerboa, you just gotta meet this guy ZO SIC and hear his story on how he ordered and purchased his '02 from a well known Auto Nation Chevy dealer in the SF Bay Area.

As you know, months ago I tried to get that same dealer to sell me an '01 (and tried again a couple other times since), but failed miserably. Please try to find out ZO SIC's secret to his success.

Since he is a mighty big boy at 6'5" and 295#s that just might have done the trick. Could it be his "pro wrestler" impersonation car buyer technique intimidated the normally greedy sales dept at that dealership, so they gave him a straight up deal? :p

Hope all goes well in BG and a wonderful time is had by all. Oh, and CONGRATULATION to you both for being so masterfully persistent, patient and effective "deal" makers who reside in Northern CA. :cheers:

·
Registered
76 Posts
On my way home from my NCM delivery I hit something in the road and put a one inch slice in one of my rear tires. The GM repair kit was good enough to get me to me to a hotel and a tire shop. I had to pump it up each time I moved the car but it worked and on a smaller hole it would be even better. The tire shop (in Winnemucca NV.) put a boot in the tire and I was able to make it home OK. Tirerack said it would be 7 days before the could get me a replacement.
z11409 shipped me one of his tires (he had just got a set from Tirerack) and I had the one I ordered shipped to his house.

I bring all this up because something like this could happen to you or ZO SIC and
if it does I'll be willing to help out. If you and ZO SIC will email me at [email protected] I'll give you my all my phone numbers.
I don't think you'll have any problems but if you do I'll be available to help out.
Your going to love the car and the drive back, I know I did.
I hope to be doing my third NCM delivery next year.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Jerboa .. sorry your plans got so disrupted, but it's good you were able to reschedule without too much delay. You're gonna love this car. I picked up mine on Tuesday, after a seemingly endless wait. It was all worth it.

Be careful on the trip home ...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brian,

It will be midnight before you two arrive in BG. Your hotel is just across the street from the museum. Your day at NCM will start at 8am and mine about noon so there isn't much overlap for lunch.

My car is an EB/black Z06. Enjoy your visit and have a safe trip home.

jerboa :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yeah, I guess the best we can hope for is a friendly howdy passing in the halls of the NCM maybe? Well I hope you enjoy your delivery (is it your first one?) and have a safe trip home. What route do you have planned? Take down my cell phone number and take it with you if you want. I'll be hours ahead of you and if you run into weather I can let you know how far ahead it is, etc. Or if you run into some trouble, if I can help I will. I'm pretty handy with cars, and my AAA card is handy for up to 100 miles worth of towing :)

Who did you get for your tour/delivery?

PS: Did you buy your car in California or from an out of state dealer?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ZO SIC said:
Yeah, I guess the best we can hope for is a friendly howdy passing in the halls of the NCM maybe? Well I hope you enjoy your delivery (is it your first one?) and have a safe trip home. What route do you have planned? Take down my cell phone number and take it with you if you want. I'll be hours ahead of you and if you run into weather I can let you know how far ahead it is, etc. Or if you run into some trouble, if I can help I will. I'm pretty handy with cars, and my AAA card is handy for up to 100 miles worth of towing :)

Who did you get for your tour/delivery?

PS: Did you buy your car in California or from an out of state dealer?
Thanks for the offer of cross-country support. I'll be headed north to spend time with relatives before heading back to California. The best deal I could find in California was MSRP + $5000, so I bought my car from Rick Daniel at Maxie Price in Georgia.

Karen Akers will be doing my first museum delivery. She has been wonderfully helpful during all of these delays. She is also the one who arranged for me to fuel my car and start it for the first time on the assembly lines. I recommend her highly.

jerboa :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yeah, Cali sure sucks for finding good prices on these cars. The "stealerships" in Sacramento have 10-15 Z06's on their lot and are trying to get $7500 over MIN and up to $15,000 over. A few months back (just a bit before the '02 Z06 was available) they had a MY '01 Z06 on the lot. Said it was really rare and hard to find and wanted MIN $15,000 over MSRP. The rest they said were min $10,000 over. I told them they were smoking crack and that I had a '02 Z06 lined up for $2500 over. Can't wait to go back and tell them I got it for MSRP now!!! :)

I wish I coulda found out info about being the first to fuel up and fire the car. And possibly drive it off the assembly line. I asked on here a few times, but didn't get any responses. Oh well, no biggie I guess.

So, how do you get to see your car built and do the firsts with it?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ZO SIC said:
Yeah, Cali sure sucks for finding good prices on these cars. The "stealerships" in Sacramento have 10-15 Z06's on their lot and are trying to get $7500 over MIN and up to $15,000 over. A few months back (just a bit before the '02 Z06 was available) they had a MY '01 Z06 on the lot. Said it was really rare and hard to find and wanted MIN $15,000 over MSRP. The rest they said were min $10,000 over. I told them they were smoking crack and that I had a '02 Z06 lined up for $2500 over. Can't wait to go back and tell them I got it for MSRP now!!! :)

I wish I coulda found out info about being the first to fuel up and fire the car. And possibly drive it off the assembly line. I asked on here a few times, but didn't get any responses. Oh well, no biggie I guess.

So, how do you get to see your car built and do the firsts with it?
I got help on two fronts. I had spoken with Sonny Kilgo begore his retirement and he agreed to help me see the car. Karen Akers at the National Corvette Museum made a contact for me in the plant and that person helped me to be there for first fuel, first start. Things on the forum really got tough when Sonny retired and the Plant didn't replace him. Sonny was incredibly generous to help me as he did. jerboa :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts