Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with the good folks at what used to be Woodbridge Dynotech. Bad news, they closed their Woodbridge shop - good news, they are reopening a larger shop about 140 minute drive south of us.

They use a Dynojet 248c, and they specialize in dyno tuning with mucho Corvette experience. They will shortly be getting the software required to dyno tune our cars to take best advantage of mods. I can tell you from personal experience that these folks have done a lot of tuning of some pretty strong corvettes around here.

So, here's the deal - they can dyno test up to 10 cars a day (this does NOT include dyno tuning) The cost is $75 for 3 pulls and a wealth of information.

So, who besides me wants to do this? Saturdays are an option, probably starting as early as two weeks from tomorrow. Keep in mind, in case the planned day has moderate to heavy rain, a reschedule will be necessary.

Lemme No :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
40 Minutes not 140 Minute!

Oops - in previous thread I said 140 minutes - I meant 40 minutes!! Never could time worth a damn!!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I'm in if it's the last weekend of Sep or first week of Oct. Or the last weekend of Oct or during the first 3 weeks of November.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BadAss, they are moving to Fauquier County, also off of the Garrisonville Exit on I95. I was hoping to set somethin up for Saturday, Sept 15 - myself plus 9 others. I know John Sealock and his folks and they know Vettes and how to make them run. I know it is a holiday week-end , so I figure many folks are away. Hope to ge a good turnout and make it a Z06Vette.Com event. I plan to have them finetune my ride to take advantage of current and future mods.

I will get more specific directions next week. If 9/15 does not work we can shoot for the week after. They use a Dynojet and even though power numbers are SAE corrected for atmospheric conditions, I can tell you that the correction factors are approximations that become more inaccurate as conditions get noticeably hotter or colder than the "norm".

Also, one of my good friends is part owner of Cooper Corvettes in Stafford county and they are considering the pruchase of a portable Dynojet.

BTW, he has n '02 Torch Red Z06 for sale...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Bleu nice car, it really looked nice tonight. As we talked I think they are having a corvette only dragrace at 75/80 on the 15th, so the following week may be better for turn out reasons. I will be interested in what these guys can tune for ya. hopefully we will get some good info. They are having a dragrace at budscreek this monday, its for anyone anycar. If anyone is interested?! hopefully we will get some good weather and I can get some good times and traction. If you didnt notice theirs about 2k miles of goodyear F1s leaving tonight. must have been damp or something because I didnt dump the clutch just rooled on it at 2500 in 1st. Damn this car is fun. LOL

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Badass, great seeing you and your lovely lady Sat night. Given the potential conflict of dates, let's shoot for 9/22 for the dyno session.

Okay, who wants to join us for some dyno time - we can accomodate up to 8 more..

Let me know - I would like to get this planned prior to me being out of town 9/16 to late 9/19. Let's see what these monsters are really making at the rear wheels... :D

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BadAss, anyone can go, but he can only dyno a max of 10 cars in one day. I thought we should try to see if folks on this forum might want to take some or all of the remaining 8 slots before opening it up.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
BLEUBYU ,

If you guys set up another date later this fall or in the spring let me know. I can't make the 22nd as I will be out of town.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MiZ06, something tells me this will be the first of many "dates" ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts