Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I don't want it on, and there is no button or switch, I asked my dealership and they have no idea and then changed it to "you can't"

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
It's in the owner's manual....The dealership should know this simple piece of info!!! Gee whiz!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
LBC6 said:
doesnt work on mine. I tried that a few times and the dimmer won't even dim.
page 3-16 of your Owner manual :cheers:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Mine turns off by pulling the dimmer slider all the way down. I don't know why yours doesn't. :-?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was trying last night and now it won't come out of "track 2".

I'm gonna take it down to a dealership to have it fixed. The dimmer doesnt work neither do the height adjusters.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I pulled the Dimmer all the way down to turn it off before I drove off the dealer in 2002, Never EVER used it :p

But Its nice to know you have it there :yeadog:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Another thing you can do is relocate it to a place where it isn't visible in the reflection on the windshield. Just push the down or up buttons until it moves out of site.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
GM has a special tool for this particular situation. Only problem . . . non-reversible.

You may want to try the other suggestions first. :yeadog:
Of course, you could always place something over the top of it. Maybe a piece of black cloth or something?? :rofl:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
vant said:
You may want to try the other suggestions first. :yeadog:
Of course, you could always place something over the top of it. Maybe a piece of black cloth or something??
that just looks ghetto, it's at a the dealership and they're trying to fix it. Although when I called them this morning, they don't know what's causing it but all they told me "well we figured out that the HUD isnt working properly" :screwy:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I can't believe that they said, "you can't" turn it off. Wait a minute, it's a chevy dealership - yes, I believe it. :yeadog: :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts