Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody decided not to lower their Z? I dropped mine an inch and like it.

------------------

2001 Torch Red Z06

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I have severe wheel hop but decided to put off lowering until I see the effects on tire wear and adverse handling effects.

Plus, I don't know of a shop that can do a precise 4 wheel alignment around here.

------------------
JC

2001 Blk/Blk Z06
Lloyds Z06 Mats, !CAGS, Halltech TRIC, Autobuffs Decals, Zaino
Pics
[email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
Sticking stock height, the Mallett is lowered...wife has threatened me if I do it with the Z06. Yes, I am scared and saying it, stays stock!

------------------
Bob Hardt
00 Mallett 396 HARDTop
01 Corvette Z06 Speedway White w/red trimmed int.
C5Reg NCM Ambassador
NCM Lifetime Member

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'd like to lower mine but I'm a little concerned with the suspension bottoming out. The roads around here aren't too great, especially in the spring with all the frost heaves.

------------------

1997 Sebring Silver Coupe For Sale

2001 Quicksilver Z06
Another satisfied Karl Johanson customer

·
Registered
0 Posts
My Buddy Black Magic lowered mine for me and I'm very happy. The wife wanted hers lowered too, until I got mine hung up on a track at a local "Touchless" car wash. She's since changed her mind. Mine only lowered about 3/4".

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N4C5S:
I have severe wheel hop but decided to put off lowering until I see the effects on tire wear and adverse handling effects.

Plus, I don't know of a shop that can do a precise 4 wheel alignment around here.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't align mine after lowering and have no unusual tire wear.

------------------

2001 Torch Red Z06

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I posted a similar topic on the CF about a week ago to get some pros and cons.

I have decided not to lower mine for now. I've had the Z06 since Thanksgiving and I have scrapped the skid bars once parking the car and cringe at the idea of scraping actual bodywork for now.

Also, I only have almost 700 miles on her and even though I'm comfortable with the engine being broken in at 500 miles, I'm seeing little things pop up as the "car" is being broken in and want to give the Z06 a couple of thousand miles before I start making changes.

From the responses on the CF, I've come to the conclusion that there is no argument that it would look a little better lowering it but it comes down to whether you can live with the increase chance of scraping or bottoming.

Don
QSZ06

·
Registered
496 Posts
I lowered mine a few weeks back and have never bottomed out. I just can't stand the 4 X 4 look of the stock ride height. I have a few frineds that also have lowered their Z06's and no one has seen any unusual tire wear or had any bottoming out problems.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can't bring myself to do it yet, not sure I will, it is already hard enough to get in and out of some of these places.

------------------
o1 Torch Red ZO6, Vette Doctors pro flo, cags eliminater, column lock bypass

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can't bring myself to do it yet, not sure I will, it is already hard enough to get in and out of some of these places.

------------------
o1 Torch Red ZO6, Vette Doctors pro flo, cags eliminater, column lock bypass

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I am awaiting delivery of my Z, but already know I will not lower it based on experience with my two previous C5 verts. The roads, driveways, and parking lot speed bumps make me cringe.

Zippy

·
Registered
496 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zippy:
I am awaiting delivery of my Z, but already know I will not lower it based on experience with my two previous C5 verts. The roads, driveways, and parking lot speed bumps make me cringe.

Zippy
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust me, the Z06 does not lower like non Z06's. It simply will not go as low and stays very firm (won't bottom out). You guys who won't lower are missing out on even better handling.

·
Registered
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CorvetteSS:
Trust me, the Z06 does not lower like non Z06's.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zippy... CorvetteSS is right!! My Z only lowered about 3/4". I suffered no ride degradation.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think I'll leave mine stock for now, but it does look great lowered.

------------------
Dave Zehak
2001 Black ZO6
Best 1/4(so far) 12.5 at 112
"Mods"
B&M Ripper Shifter
RM racing Nitrous(not installed yet)
"Previous Vettes
1985 white Corvette coupe(auto)
1998 Silver Corvette coupe (M-6)
2000 NBM Corvette Coupe (M-6)

·
Registered
566 Posts
I can barely get out of my driveway now, also we have some crappy roads and weird driveways to negotiate.

------------------
Quicksilver Z06

·
Registered
528 Posts
I lowered mine this weekend. I did not notice and difference in the ride, but then I like a firm ride.

------------------
My Forum Site

01 Z06 - No time slips yet
92 RS ProStreet Camaro - Best E.T to date 10.15 @ 136 mph (all throttle no bottle)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anyone who has lowered their car checked allignment vs. the specs? I'm wondering if lowering will cause the car to deviate from the stock allignment specifications.

------------------
2001 Quicksilver Z06 Valentine 1 Hardwire w/ remote

1 - 20 of 35 Posts