Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
OhI even got him to sign my car..... silly but pretty cool.
He also said that the gearing changes in the C6 Z were to generate more impressive test numbers, ie 0-60 times. *shrug* not sure I like that

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
bigcat39 said:
OhI even got him to sign my car..... silly but pretty cool.
He also said that the gearing changes in the C6 Z were to generate more impressive test numbers, ie 0-60 times. *shrug* not sure I like that
Silly???? I think not. That is way cool. It would have been worth going just for that to me.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Yeah I got him to sign my red cover as well. He asked about my car and likes dislikes. Pretty cool. You can tell he likes his new ride.

·
21,386 Posts
He sat down at breakfast with me and Zippy for a few minutes and really didn't say much of anything. I think I made him nervous! :lol:

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
jub jub said:
He sat down at breakfast with me and Zippy for a few minutes and really didn't say much of anything. I think I made him nervous! :lol:
Gee Jub Jub, 'magine that! :rofl:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
jub jub said:
:screwy: was it the beer & corn flakes?

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Ask Stephanie!
I saw here outside of the Museum on Saturday night and she had Dave in a head-lock and a full Nelson for about 15 minutes.
Dave said he was going to cross to the other side of the street the next time he saw her.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mike

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Did anyone ask Dave how much the weight difference was between the 1LZ vs 2LZ Z06's? :cheers:

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
I talked to him at the NCM and I ended up racing him back to the hotel. He was in a DSOM C6 Z06. He was chasing a yellow Z up the on ramp and I was behind him. When he went around the Z, I nailed it and followed suit. He pulled into the right lane about 120mph and I did a ricer fly by. :)

I stopped for gas and when I was pulling into the hotel, he was just leaving.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Since I knew it would do no good talking about the future I nailed him down on the past. We had a good talk about what almost was, the 6.4 liter 450 hp Z.

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Dave Hill, Ron Storzbach and his wife Virginia shared a table with us at the awards dinner. They are very nice people. Dave talked about his 9 bay toy barn he is building. I bet it will be full of cool rides. We talked about motorcycles for a bit. He rides a Suzuki DRZ400S. Ron used to ride a Yamaha FZ-1. Virginia drives a LeMans Blue C6 vert.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
Ask Stephanie!
I saw here outside of the Museum on Saturday night and she had Dave in a head-lock and a full Nelson for about 15 minutes.
Dave said he was going to cross to the other side of the street the next time he saw her.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mike

Jeez, Mike, she just may be the next "huckleberry." :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
I listened to Dave's pitch in front of the NCM Sat.
He implied that the "Blue Devil" is coming.
Very encouraged by his responses to questions about track-prepping the C6 Z06 ... "working with sanctioning bodies on how to attach steel roll cage to aluminum frame" and "addressing the harness mount requirements" and "want to accommodate the weekend racers."
Explained that some of the things we don't like "exhaust sound" are hoops to comply with noise limits.
All in all, impression given is that Engineers are winning some against the "suits" in GM.
FWIW ... JMHO
Oh, yes ... at my request, Dave signed my hood

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Dave was in a hurry to get away but he was kind enough to sign my engine. I mentioned seeing the C6R's win at the Mid-Ohio ALMS race and he said they really enjoyed running there.

·
Registered
892 Posts
bigcat39 said:
Actually I heard him say they changed 5th gear slightly for the magazine testers to generate more impressive test numbers. I assume that to mean they made 5th a bit taller for more top speed, trying to hit that magic 200 number.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Dragon said:
Dave was in a hurry to get away but he was kind enough to sign my engine. I mentioned seeing the C6R's win at the Mid-Ohio ALMS race and he said they really enjoyed running there.

Hey Steve...why is Dave smiling in the last pic and you aren't? Ummmm....where is your right hand and is that why Dave is your best bud now? :-? :p :lol:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I don't need Dave to sign my LS6 to know he is already one of the "good guys" at GM.

We all owe Dave Hill a helleva lot for the remarkable salvation of our precious Corvette. It was almost all but finished by time he came along to save the day.

Just image, a 50 state legal, "400" horsepower, just as comfortable to drive as a daily grocery getter, all rolled into the new C6 Corvette. The car is now a leader among the world's very best, winning almost every endurance race entered over the last 4 years.

The price of admission is high for a new C06, but still a car to lust for, one of the very best B4B sport cars ever created.

Thank you Mr. Hill!!! U DA MAN!!!

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
DennyM said:
I listened to Dave's pitch in front of the NCM Sat.
He implied that the "Blue Devil" is coming.
Explained that some of the things we don't like "exhaust sound" are hoops to comply with noise limits....
Thanks for posting that. It's good to know that we don't like the exhaust sound.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts