Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody using BF Goodrich Comp T/As out there on the rear of their Z06? Tirerack is closing them out for $119 each. Since the rears wear first on the Z06s I thought about buying a couple of sets to stash in the garage to have on hand as I need them.

Kevin

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GaryZ06 said:
At that price you really can't go wrong.
I went and ordered two sets - I will just bag them and stash them in the corner of the barn until I need them. I see that they are a little older technology than the stock tires - but they should still work well as daily driving tires. I had to buy new tires for my wifes Olds Alero today and these aren't much more per tire than the Bridgestones I got for her car.

Kevin

·
Registered
271 Posts
I looked on their web site and didn't see them???

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
undy said:
On the main page just put in the tire size and all the tires in that size will come up.....they are on the 2nd page

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
undy said:
They don't come up for the Vette because they make the proper front tire size to make a set and Tirerack only shows sets once you input what car you are driving - I had to input a custom front tire size of 295/35ZR18 to get it to show up for the Vette.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I finally found them .... but.. Without the same type tire available for the front I think they're useless, IMHO. Two diffent type tires, front to rear, will cause an imbalance in handling. I checked other mailorder sites and couldn't find any Comp T/A ZRs for the front... bummer. :cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts