Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's done it... worth it? I have Kooks LT's with cats and Stingers right now.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Torm between GHL's and Stingers....Maybe a good deal on the stingers if you go B n B ?? :thumb:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
What would you be looking to gain by changing? They are not too much different from each other. The bullets are a little bit louder but I have not seen anything different in power gains.

Cobra4B said:
Who's done it... worth it? I have Kooks LT's with cats and Stingers right now.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
maineyak_2000 said:
Torm between GHL's and Stingers....Maybe a good deal on the stingers if you go B n B ?? :thumb:
Bro, if your torn between stingers and GHL's, go with the GHL's. IMO, better sound, better quality, plus entire exhaust is fully polished for a first class look. :coo:

Jack

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want it a bit louder and deeper w/o ditching the mufflers completely; done that and the resonance was killer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
bullets are the best sounding catback IMO

add some headers, and it's pure sex

the stingers are a little higher pitched and "noisy", not by much, but noticeable...i just think the bullets have a deeper and meaner sound

it's all subjective to every ear though...some people might agree with me, others might not

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Basically you are paying for your sound preference and looks of the pipes. This is so subjective, it's hard to provide advise beyond you need to hear it for yourself. Good Luck on your decision.

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Backlash said:
Basically you are paying for your sound preference and looks of the pipes. This is so subjective, it's hard to provide advise beyond you need to hear it for yourself. Good Luck on your decision.

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Backlash said:

I agree :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I doubt if it is really worth the money you would be laying out for something that effectively the same.

They are marginally louder. I don't think the sound is much different in the pitch. Both are pretty deep. It's not like the difference between corsas, which are high pitched, and borla or b&b.

A good friend of mine has a very similar setup to mine, both had long tubes, CAI, x-pipe... He has bullets, I have stingers. We have ridden together in each car as well as followed each other. We both agreed that his is a just a bit louder but his also has a bit of a droan around 1800 RPM that mine does not have. Other than that, there is just not much difference.

I would stick with what you have.

Don

Cobra4B said:
I want it a bit louder and deeper w/o ditching the mufflers completely; done that and the resonance was killer.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^ I'll probably just stick with what I have.... I like the Stinger tips a bit better anyway. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts